The Student Room Group

Which masters is better? St Andrews (HCI course) or Loughborough (UX&SD course)?

Hello, I've graduated from QMUL studying creative computing, and want to pursue a career in UI/UX design. I've applied to:
- St Andrew's MSc in Human-Computer Interaction
- Loughborough's MA in User Experience and Service Design

I'm holding an offer from St Andrews, waiting on Loughborough to respond but I want to know which is a better course? Which one would be better suited for a career in UI/UX design?

Thank you to anyone's help!
Original post by mdivo
Hello, I've graduated from QMUL studying creative computing, and want to pursue a career in UI/UX design. I've applied to:

I'm holding an offer from St Andrews, waiting on Loughborough to respond but I want to know which is a better course? Which one would be better suited for a career in UI/UX design?

Hi @mdivo

Firstly, congratulations on your offer!! I'd suggest you to please compare the modules of the course from the universities and choose the one which you feel are most interesting to you and will help you with career growth. Alongside, do a good research on the life at all the universities, try getting in touch with alumni and know what they say about their experience, compare pros and cons and then come to a conclusion. Hope this helps :smile:.

Kind regards
Bhavya Harika
Student Ambassador - Coventry University
Original post by mdivo

Hi @mdivo,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough :smile:

You may have done this, but I would also recommend comparing each course page and the modules or statistics on those pages. You can see Loughborough's MA User Experience and Service Design programme here and also read about Design at Loughborough here.

You may also want to explore some student stories as well to help with comparing each university. Here are some stories from students who have studied Design subjects at Loughborough.

I would also take a look at some careers information. You can view more information about Loughborough's Careers Network here and the support it provides to students.

At the end of the day, my recommendation is to choose somewhere where you see yourself being most happy. So you may want to look at other factors such as societies or sports teams, location and accommodation.

If you have any other queries, please let us know :smile: you can also email the School of Design and Creative Arts, who manage this course, on [email protected] if you want any further information too. I hope this helps!

- Lindsay
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending