The Student Room Group

Which one is better? St Andrews(HCI course) or Loughborough(UX course)

Hello, I'm an international student who got offers from St Andrews and Loughborough University. After graduating from a master's degree, I want to work as a UX designer in England.

What I want to ask is, which course is more famous in UX design? Plus, which one is better known in England?
- St Andrews, Human-Computer Interaction MSc
- Loughborough, User Experience Design MA

I know that the two courses have different strength, but which one is a better choice when I consider getting a job in the UK? Since I haven't take any computer science classes when I was a university student, going to the UX course would be an easier choice for me than the HCI.
Original post by UXD_
Hello, I'm an international student who got offers from St Andrews and Loughborough University. After graduating from a master's degree, I want to work as a UX designer in England.

What I want to ask is, which course is more famous in UX design? Plus, which one is better known in England?

I know that the two courses have different strength, but which one is a better choice when I consider getting a job in the UK? Since I haven't take any computer science classes when I was a university student, going to the UX course would be an easier choice for me than the HCI.

Hi @UXD_,

Apologies for the delay in responding I was seeking a response from our academics. This is what they had to say regarding your query:

'The Loughborough UXD MA programme is known worldwide for producing highly employable graduates. All modules help the students create a UX design portfolio and the course uses it’s close links with the UX Design industry, both in the UK and internationally, to make sure the all modules prepare students for graduate roles as UX designers, UX researchers, interaction designers and service designers.'

I hope this helps and any further questions feel free to ask away.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
Original post by UXD_

they both sound extremely nichey, so i'd go with the course that appeals to you.
Reply 3
Original post by UXD_

Hi! I'm in the same situation as you! Could you mind if I ask what choice did you choose and why? I'm considering which offer I should accept.
Original post by balabum
Hi! I'm in the same situation as you! Could you mind if I ask what choice did you choose and why? I'm considering which offer I should accept.

Hi :smile:

Hopefully the original student will get back to you with some advice, but I just wanted to jump in and say if you have any questions about Loughborough to help make your decision give me a shout! Here is the email for the school that teach it too if you have any course-specific questions: [email protected]
Reply 5
Hey I'm in the same boat. Could I know what you ended up doing and how it's going now?
Reply 6
Original post by balabum

Hey im in the same boat, what did you end up choosing and how is it going?
Original post by mdivo
Hey im in the same boat, what did you end up choosing and how is it going?

Hi @mdivo,

I know you're waiting for a response, but I just wanted to jump in and say that if you have any questions you'd like to ask us at Loughborough, let us know :smile:

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending