The Student Room Group

Is my friend ignoring my texts? Did I do something wrong?

I have a really close friend and we love to spend time together and have fun and we used to text every single day!!! Now they don’t even read my messages and haven’t replied to my for three days. They did reply after those three days but then they would either forget I texted them or something or the next day after a full on conversation we might have- they go back to not reading or responding for 3 days or so. When I see them in person we talk and hang out and have fun and laugh because we’re good friends…but I’m too scared to ask them in person why they don’t respond or read my texts. Especially if something serious is going on and they’re just putting a fake smile- even if there is something serious they would tell me or at least let me know something is wrong because we are close and good friends that trust each other…but they haven’t been reading or responding to me so I’m worried they’re annoyed by me or have found better friends to talk to…maybe they’re busy practicing for something but honestly idk. Also when I asked them, I tried to make it in a joke way to hide the insecurity, and they said back in a joke way that they were ignoring me (yes ik it was a joke way cuz they put the “💀” skull emoji). Please someone respond I’m desperate for help! I just want our long, fun, heartfelt, trustworthy, telling each other serious and important things when we’re upset, and every day conversations when texting. Seeing them in person just at school and not having them text me for an unknown reason (momentarily) is not enough. I’m super anxious about it. Especially with my anxiety. I hope they aren’t replacing me or something with different friends and think I’m less important all of a sudden. Pleaseee someone let me know and give advice or SOMETHING 😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️.
Reply 1
Go and see them or pick up the phone and call them!
Original post by Vicky333
I have a really close friend and we love to spend time together and have fun and we used to text every single day!!! Now they don’t even read my messages and haven’t replied to my for three days. They did reply after those three days but then they would either forget I texted them or something or the next day after a full on conversation we might have- they go back to not reading or responding for 3 days or so. When I see them in person we talk and hang out and have fun and laugh because we’re good friends…but I’m too scared to ask them in person why they don’t respond or read my texts. Especially if something serious is going on and they’re just putting a fake smile- even if there is something serious they would tell me or at least let me know something is wrong because we are close and good friends that trust each other…but they haven’t been reading or responding to me so I’m worried they’re annoyed by me or have found better friends to talk to…maybe they’re busy practicing for something but honestly idk. Also when I asked them, I tried to make it in a joke way to hide the insecurity, and they said back in a joke way that they were ignoring me (yes ik it was a joke way cuz they put the “💀” skull emoji). Please someone respond I’m desperate for help! I just want our long, fun, heartfelt, trustworthy, telling each other serious and important things when we’re upset, and every day conversations when texting. Seeing them in person just at school and not having them text me for an unknown reason (momentarily) is not enough. I’m super anxious about it. Especially with my anxiety. I hope they aren’t replacing me or something with different friends and think I’m less important all of a sudden. Pleaseee someone let me know and give advice or SOMETHING 😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️.

I would try talking to them in person and tell them how you feel. They seem to be a good friend so if you ask them about it and tell them that you are very anxious about it they will tell you! They might just be very busy and forget about answering messages. Maybe organise a time you can hang out outside of school?? It might be easier to talk to them without the time constraints of school when you are both more relaxed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending