The Student Room Group

NHS statistics as sources for psychology dissertation?

Hi all, I'm in the process of writing my psychology dissertation and I know there's a few guidelines on what kind of sources are acceptable to use; such as they should be accredited. I know data from the NHS is reliable, but I'm not doing research on healthcare patients, so I was just wondering if anyone knows if this will be okay? Or should I try to find psychological research instead? I've just found the NHS findings to be more specifically what I was looking for. Thanks !
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Kelvin manwa
Hello,I can help you with that

hi that's great thanks, so could you let me know?
Original post by mpnotherex
Hi all, I'm in the process of writing my psychology dissertation and I know there's a few guidelines on what kind of sources are acceptable to use; such as they should be accredited. I know data from the NHS is reliable, but I'm not doing research on healthcare patients, so I was just wondering if anyone knows if this will be okay? Or should I try to find psychological research instead? I've just found the NHS findings to be more specifically what I was looking for. Thanks !

You shouldn't have any issues with referencing the NHS statistics as the data is considered to be reliable. If the data is there to support other statistics as part of your argument then it helps show that you are being critical of the psychological research and not just looking at it at face value.

I would always check with a tutor or your module handbook but referencing is just the same as any other website in the APA style.

What's your dissertation topic? Mine was the effects of extrasensory perception on free throw basketball practice!

- Luke
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by CCCUOfficial
You shouldn't have any issues with referencing the NHS statistics as the data is considered to be reliable. If the data is there to support other statistics as part of your argument then it helps show that you are being critical of the psychological research and not just looking at it at face value.

I would always check with a tutor or your module handbook but referencing is just the same as any other website in the APA style.

What's your dissertation topic? Mine was the effects of extrasensory perception on free throw basketball practice!

- Luke

Great, thanks so much for your help that was very useful !
That sounds really interesting - hope it went well :smile: mine is on what advice young adults would give to their younger selves; not long to be finished with it now !
Original post by mpnotherex
Great, thanks so much for your help that was very useful !
That sounds really interesting - hope it went well :smile: mine is on what advice young adults would give to their younger selves; not long to be finished with it now !

Oh interesting! What's the advice you would give your young self though??? Mine would be to not stress about what others are doing around you and just focus on your own path more :smile:

- Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending