The Student Room Group

Freshers wristband

Is buying a freshers wrist band worth it? I’m going to Northumbria so would be buying the loose days ones I’ve seen mixed reviews. If I don’t buy one would I still be able to pay into events that they are hosting?
Nope. Not some dodgy thing that’s on sale now. Wait and see what the official events are and find out who your flatmates are and what events they’re going to first
Original post by aoibh05
Is buying a freshers wrist band worth it? I’m going to Northumbria so would be buying the loose days ones I’ve seen mixed reviews. If I don’t buy one would I still be able to pay into events that they are hosting?

Hi there,
I went to uni in Newcastle and I'd recommend waiting for the official wristbands. Even then, I'd ask yourself how many events you will be planning to attend. If it's not many, it may be worth checking if you can buy individual tickets (I can't remember if that is possible - maybe another poster can clarify).

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Hey,

I go to York St John University like others have said I would wait until official ones a released you might be able to find out more through the Northumbria Student Union.

Hope you have fun:smile:

Rebecca 2nd Year Education, SEN, mental health student
Original post by aoibh05

Hey @aoibh05,

I hope you are well!

I think it is best to wait for the official wristbands to get released. They can be good if you plan on going to enough events to get your money’s worth. But as I say, I think it would be best for the official wristbands to get released so you can see what events they are hosting and whether you would be interested in attending them. Speaking from experience, there is usually an option to buy a ticket for each event but since I do not go to Northumbria, then I would check this! Also see whether buying each ticket for each event is more cost effective than a wristband etc. as they can be a little expensive.

I hope this helps :smile:
Sara

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending