The Student Room Group

Cramming

How to cram bio P1 from GCSE science into 4 days and then chemistry in 6 days and then physics 2 days. Grade is 5-5 and want a 7-7?
Reply 1
I mean it depends where you're at with the content - if you're comfy with most of it just bash out as many past papers as you can (and mark them - this is the most important bit!).
If you have some content that you're not so sure with, then try and focus in on the bits that are achievable for you - you know what you're capable of. You want to try and brush up on everything you can, and leave off the stuff you'd need to relearn from scratch (but ideally look at it briefly - you might realise its not that bad).

As for cramming each one into x days, its better to try and get them spread out, so work on all three over the weekend and then dig into just bio on Monday so you're ready, then do the same with chem, if that makes sense. Interleaving like that can really help break up the day and make it easier to deal with, i find.
Original post by suzy23
How to cram bio P1 from GCSE science into 4 days and then chemistry in 6 days and then physics 2 days. Grade is 5-5 and want a 7-7?

The way I crammed for mocks was by watching sciencewithhazel's videos on youtube, you should check them out!
Original post by pintodog
I mean it depends where you're at with the content - if you're comfy with most of it just bash out as many past papers as you can (and mark them - this is the most important bit!).
If you have some content that you're not so sure with, then try and focus in on the bits that are achievable for you - you know what you're capable of. You want to try and brush up on everything you can, and leave off the stuff you'd need to relearn from scratch (but ideally look at it briefly - you might realise its not that bad).

As for cramming each one into x days, its better to try and get them spread out, so work on all three over the weekend and then dig into just bio on Monday so you're ready, then do the same with chem, if that makes sense. Interleaving like that can really help break up the day and make it easier to deal with, i find.

I have covered the some of the content before but just forget everything so I’m trying to cover everything. The method I used I I look at the CGP book I memorise the content and then I close it and write everything down that I can remember and then I look again and very hating I have forgotten I write it in another colour pen and memorise it again. After learning some content I do quizzes. Then I do past papers? Tell me if this is a good idea. In a hour I can get done about 1 or 2 topics depending on how much there is to memorise. I’m going to revise for 9hrs with breaks.

Quick Reply

Latest