The Student Room Group

Childcare grant - student finance

Hi , my partner is currently working through an agency so household income can vary annually . Last year he earned 13k , so we was eligible for childcare grant . However this year he has more hours and hoping to earn roughly 19k but this isn’t for definite . The problem is I’ve reapplied for this year (September 2023) and they have gone off last years income (13k) so approved basically the same grants/finance I had. I just don’t want to be owing lots back but I also don’t want to say 19k and it be much under and get underpaid ! What do I do?
Original post by Leonimariehey
Hi , my partner is currently working through an agency so household income can vary annually . Last year he earned 13k , so we was eligible for childcare grant . However this year he has more hours and hoping to earn roughly 19k but this isn’t for definite . The problem is I’ve reapplied for this year (September 2023) and they have gone off last years income (13k) so approved basically the same grants/finance I had. I just don’t want to be owing lots back but I also don’t want to say 19k and it be much under and get underpaid ! What do I do?

Hi there, If you are applying for funding for 23/24 academic year we would require 21/22 tax year details. We wouldn't use 22/23 tax year details until 24/25 academic year and 23/24 tax year details until 25/26 academic year. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the reply! This makes a lot more sense!
Many thanks !

Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, If you are applying for funding for 23/24 academic year we would require 21/22 tax year details. We wouldn't use 22/23 tax year details until 24/25 academic year and 23/24 tax year details until 25/26 academic year. Thanks, Karen
Original post by Leonimariehey
Thank you so much for the reply! This makes a lot more sense!
Many thanks !

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending