The Student Room Group

Female colleague stalking me on Linkedin

About to start a job as a developer at University and female colleague keeps viewing my profile frequently.

She is in senior than me so kind of sent her a connection request and now regretting it.

What might be the intention...?
Original post by Anonymous
About to start a job as a developer at University and female colleague keeps viewing my profile frequently.

She is in senior than me so kind of sent her a connection request and now regretting it.

What might be the intention...?

Probably fancies you
Reply 2
Original post by Miss Shelley
Probably fancies you

But She hasn't seen me till now and i only mentioned my linked in profile on my job application. Prehaps her manager told her..?

Thank for quick reply
Reply 3
It doesn't mean anything. Stop reading into it. She's probably just interested to know about you because you're going to be a new employee and join their team. They are obviously going to be interested to find out more about you. It's not uncommon for your future colleagues and employers to look at your linkedin profile which is why it's important to keep your linkedin updated.

It's not 'stalking' and I don't think there's much intention. You should be happy that your future colleagues are friendly and want to connect you.

Good luck!
Someone viewing your LinkedIn is hardly stalking. If she is senior then she may well be checking it now and then as a way oif making sure the duties you are given match your CV etc. Hell, we put ourselves on LinkedIn for the purpose of being looked at by other professionals.

Now, if you get to your first day in the job and she's hiding behind your desk like some sort of LinkedIn sexual predator you might have a point :cool:

Ever considered she's just figuring out if you are worthwile adding to her professional networking connections?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
Someone viewing your LinkedIn is hardly stalking. If she is senior then she may well be checking it now and then as a way oif making sure the duties you are given match your CV etc. Hell, we put ourselves on LinkedIn for the purpose of being looked at by other professionals.

Now, if you get to your first day in the job and she's hiding behind your desk like some sort of LinkedIn sexual predator you might have a point :cool:

Ever considered she's just figuring out if you are worthwile adding to her professional networking connections?

She isn't part of the recruitment or the same department i will be working for..
She isn't part of the recruitment or the same department i will be working for..

Maybe she's just interested in your professional profile. I probably would be curious if we were bringing in an outsider. Don't read too much into it right now and risk making yourself look a bit silly.

Be polite, professional and friendly and see what happens. If she ends up being actually inappropriate, you can say "I told you so!" :smile:

Just relax and enjoy the new job when you start, it's worth being excited for.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
If she is senior, I'd assume that she just wants to check your work history, etc. That is what Linkedin is for. It would be a different scenario if it was your personal instagram or facebook.
If she is senior, I'd assume that she just wants to check your work history, etc. That is what Linkedin is for. It would be a different scenario if it was your personal instagram or facebook.

Agreed.
Reply 9
It isn’t really stalking, just look at your profile a few times

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending