The Student Room Group

How to stay productive in online school?

im starting my Alevels in september but for health reasons im doing school online but all of my friends are doing school in-person. How do i balance my time so i can do enough work but also not get bored and stay productive?
Original post by drbenzedrine
im starting my Alevels in september but for health reasons im doing school online but all of my friends are doing school in-person. How do i balance my time so i can do enough work but also not get bored and stay productive?

Create a timetable that mirrors a school one. Situate yourself at a desk (in a separate room if possible) and use a specific device (like a laptop or iPad) for work, then in your breaks, use your phone. Every so often (20 minutes or so), look at the ceiling or outside a window for up to a minute to protect your eyes.

Also, get up and stretch between each study session. If possible, get some exercise just by walking around the area in your lunch hour, or if not, try yoga or meditation to give your body and mind a break. It becomes a lot more important when you’re at home everyday.

If you’re on study leave for your GCSEs now, try these things and see if you find them useful. Hopefully, they make a difference.

Quick Reply

Latest