The Student Room Group

A Level AQA History Help

Hi, I am going to sit my first A Level history exam in 10 days and am really struggling to master the exam technique. If anyone has any tips or could send/attach any high-mark answers (of any AQA modules), I would really really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 1
hey! im the same as you, got my first exam in 10 days too

If you haven't seen these before, they may help with exam techniques for extract and source questions. You might not find your course in the exemplars, but they're good to see what examiners are looking for and the different ways you could structure.

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/history/AQA-70421-EQ-GUIDE.PDF
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/history/AQA-70422-SQ-GUIDE.PDF

For knowledge essays:
Some tips I've been told are that your introduction shouldn't be too long and doesn't need specific information in it (as in don't go into detail, that comes later). It should also start firmly, I always begin with 'Without a doubt...' (this normally gets ticks from my teachers)

The conclusion is also very important, I've been advised to reserve 7 minutes for it. I start it with 'Fundamentally, it is clear'. Your conclusion should use specific info, unlike your intro, and would be good to identify any turning points that you noticed in the date range.

Might be a pretty obvious tip, but specific evidence is what makes top students stand out, so make sure if you're talking about economy there's statistics, make sure you know your dates for decrees etc.

Hope this helps and that it wasn't too obvious :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
^^
Reply 3
Original post by poppy2022
^^

i've replied but my message is being checked by moderation.. hopefully it'll get sent through soon
Reply 4
Original post by yangoe
i've replied but my message is being checked by moderation.. hopefully it'll get sent through soon

thank you so much, i'll look out for it !
Reply 5
Original post by poppy2022
thank you so much, i'll look out for it !

If you haven't noticed yet, it's been approved and should be visible on your post now :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by yangoe
If you haven't noticed yet, it's been approved and should be visible on your post now :smile:

thank you once again! these are really useful. you're a lifesaver

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending