The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy MSc loan

I am studying a MSc in physiotherapy in September 23 and currently applying for funding. The tuition fees work the same as a BSc and I am wanting to apply for the full loan. To be eligible for the full loan, I must prove that I have supported myself for 3 years. I can provide evidence for the previous 2 years, as I've been working, but the year before this I was living at home with my parents and not working due to COVID. This makes me 'ineligible' for the full loan despite fully supporting myself for the last 2 years and working a full-time job to cover this. I won't receive help from my parents when I go back to university, and without this loan will be unable to start my course in September. Is there any way to get the full loan?
Original post by student070599
I am studying a MSc in physiotherapy in September 23 and currently applying for funding. The tuition fees work the same as a BSc and I am wanting to apply for the full loan. To be eligible for the full loan, I must prove that I have supported myself for 3 years. I can provide evidence for the previous 2 years, as I've been working, but the year before this I was living at home with my parents and not working due to COVID. This makes me 'ineligible' for the full loan despite fully supporting myself for the last 2 years and working a full-time job to cover this. I won't receive help from my parents when I go back to university, and without this loan will be unable to start my course in September. Is there any way to get the full loan?

Hi there, How old are you? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, How old are you? Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela. I am currently 23, will be 24 when the course commences.
Original post by student070599
Hi Angela. I am currently 23, will be 24 when the course commences.

Hi there, In order to be classed as an Independent Student you either need to be 25 on or prior to the 1st day of the course start or you need to have supported yourself financially for 3 years prior to the start of the course. You can find out more information about this here: https://www.ucas.com/finance/student-finance-england/finance-independent-students

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending