The Student Room Group

Please help!!

Hello! I am 16 and a student studying Applied Science with Technology Level 2 Certificate and only doing this a year. After that, I will be doing Applied Science Level 3 Extended Diploma for the next 2 years. In 2026, I want to study medicine or pharmacy/pharmacology but I don’t know what course to study and what career to proceed in the future! I know it’s early as well but can someone suggest a university for me to go??
Reply 1
You will need A level Chemistry for most Pharmacy courses.
I have done applied science and hopefully want to med, I got DDD and I’ve applied to biomed in RG’s. I know GEM is much harder but you could potentially look into medicine foundation years- Bristol and Kent? I’m not too sure about other unis
Reply 3
Original post by curiousgeorge12
I have done applied science and hopefully want to med, I got DDD and I’ve applied to biomed in RG’s. I know GEM is much harder but you could potentially look into medicine foundation years- Bristol and Kent? I’m not too sure about other unis

The 6 year course at Bristol is NOT a 'Foundation course'.
Its designed only as a Widening Participation pre-year to the main 5-year course and has very exact grade / quals requirements.

Realistically, if you are not taking A levels, Medicine is in 99% of applicant situations, a non-starter.
Original post by McGinger
Its designed only as a Widening Participation pre-year to the main 5-year course and has very exact grade / quals requirements.

Realistically, if you are not taking A levels, Medicine is in 99% of applicant situations, a non-starter.

regardless of it only being accessible for WP it is still a foundation course. All foundation med courses require you to be eligible for their WP criteria
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous_7871
regardless of it only being accessible for WP it is still a foundation course. All foundation med courses require you to be eligible for their WP criteria

Unfortunately that is not correct.
Unfortunately that is not correct.

well yh sorry its not a foundation course.... its medicine with a foundation year. and to apply you have to meet WP criteria

Sorry I know the dentistry course is a foundation hence I got confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending