The Student Room Group

Disappointed

Hi, I was offered a conditional offer at UCLAN, the condition was I got distinction in three exams. I got a distinction in two and a merit in one so I am absolutely gutted as this is the uni I wanted to go to. Does anyone know if it is still possible or if I should just give up? 🤦*♀️
Original post by Courtney2023
Hi, I was offered a conditional offer at UCLAN, the condition was I got distinction in three exams. I got a distinction in two and a merit in one so I am absolutely gutted as this is the uni I wanted to go to. Does anyone know if it is still possible or if I should just give up? 🤦*♀️

Have they told you that your offer is now off the table?

I understand this happened 3 weeks ago, what did Uclan say when you contacted them?
Reply 3

Contact them!! Don’t wait to be contacted. Show them how enthusiastic you are about studying there and with them, so that if they have a couple of places available on results day or before, they think of you rather than someone else!! You never know, unis do at times accept near misses.
Good Luck 🍀
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Euapp
Contact them!! Don’t wait to be contacted. Show them how enthusiastic you are about studying there and with them, so that if they have a couple of places available on results day or before, they think of you rather than someone else!! You never know, unis do at times accept near misses.
Good Luck 🍀

I agree the squeaky wheel gets grease and all that do it now don’t wait until later.
Original post by Euapp
Good Luck 🍀

Original post by jonathanemptage
I agree the squeaky wheel gets grease and all that do it now don’t wait until later.

The OP said they were going to contact Uclan three weeks ago:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7339189
Reply 6
I did and they said I had to wait until I found out my final grade after getting the exam remarked, to which I got them today. I have emailed them and have everything crossed that they will still accept me 🤞

Original post by ageshallnot
Reply 7
Thank you. I did and they said I had to wait until I found out my final grade after getting the exam remarked, to which I got them today. I have emailed them and have everything crossed that they will still accept me 🤞

Original post by ageshallnot
If you have missed a grade the university may delay making a decision until A level results day in August. This often happens and they consider all near misses when they have found other applicants results
Thank you. I did and they said I had to wait until I found out my final grade after getting the exam remarked, to which I got them today. I have emailed them and have everything crossed that they will still accept me 🤞

As above, if you're still short by a grade you might well have to wait until A-level results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending