The Student Room Group

Who would win a war between Britain and France?

Dear Student Roomers,

Britain and France have a long history of fighting against eachother. Then there was the Entente Cordiale thing. But relations between the two countries seem to be at a big low point again. And I wonder who would win an actual war these days between Britain and France.

Veronika Oleksychenko

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Veronika Olek
Dear Student Roomers,

Britain and France have a long history of fighting against eachother. Then there was the Entente Cordiale thing. But relations between the two countries seem to be at a big low point again. And I wonder who would win an actual war these days between Britain and France.

Veronika Oleksychenko

Who would win a fight between a lion and a shark?
Reply 2
Original post by WADR
Who would win a fight between a lion and a shark?

silly comparison
Reply 3
Britain they have geographical advantage over france.
Reply 4
Original post by Acuityo
silly comparison

Silly questions get silly responses.
Reply 5
Original post by Acuityo
Britain they have geographical advantage over france.

In what way?
Original post by WADR
In what way?

Because Britain is located in the United Kingdom which is very geographically powerful.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
Living in the UK I want to say we would win, but our military is so underfunded we'd probabaly lose. We also as a country dont seem to have the same spirit the french people do considering how they dont let their government get away with doing awful things, but we have let ours walk all over us for years.
Original post by Roshanr04
Living in the UK I want to say we would win, but our military is so underfunded we'd probabaly lose. We also as a country dont seem to have the same spirit the french people do considering how they dont let their government get away with doing awful things, but we have let ours walk all over us for years.

Damn the mighty British Empire losing to France is such an L
Push comes to shove France has better friends....
Original post by toxicgamage56
Damn the mighty British Empire losing to France is such an L

Britain has lost to France before, and we're hardly the British Empire these days.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Britain has lost to France before, and we're hardly the British Empire these days.

Yeah ik I was just joking
Depends who the two nations wartime leaders were.
Macron may have serious problems getting the yellow vesters, anti-capitalists, his own livid voters who don't want to risk another napoleon, half of the french parliament and all his other pals to comply with his orders.
Reply 14
The UK is too busy trying to send people to Rwanda to win any war
Reply 15
Original post by toxicgamage56
Because Britain is located in the United Kingdom which is very geographically powerful.

What does "very geographically powerful" mean?
And why doesn't it apply to France?
Original post by WADR
What does "very geographically powerful" mean?
And why doesn't it apply to France?

I think they mean island nation. We have historically been known as a nation with a great navy.

Whether still true or not I have no idea.
Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves!

All we need to do land in Calais and tell the French their government is raising the working week hours by 20 minutes, they will then burn down all their major cities for us.
Reply 18
Original post by .N.A.
The UK is too busy accepting migrants and refugees to win any war

I absolutely agree with this statement
Reply 19
Original post by WADR
In what way?

Idk how about you google it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending