The Student Room Group

Working part time and studying pharmacy degree

Hey, I am currently on a gap year and was wondering if I would still be able to work part time or on the weekends while studying pharmacy?
Original post by Kh414
Hey, I am currently on a gap year and was wondering if I would still be able to work part time or on the weekends while studying pharmacy?

i dont see why not! if you have the right balance of work/uni/social life then its possible
Original post by Kh414

Hi @Kh414

Many students have a part time job whilst studying, for example, in retail or in the food industry.

Some pharmacy students have a part time job in a pharmacy, this is usually a weekend job. Many students find this helps a lot with having a deeper understanding of university work and assignments.

Many courses recommend working less than 15 hours a week (equates to a weekend job). Therefore, it is imperative to find a job that’s flexible and can be scheduled around your lecture timetable.
It's important to have a healthy work life balance it’s not worth feeling too tired or under pressure while you’re studying.

I hope this has been of some help!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending