The Student Room Group

Missing offer yet likely attain equivalent higher grades.

Hi all!

In a bit of a predicament. Both Firm and Insurance offers are BBB (not points equivalent) and there's a non-zero (if not significant chance) of getting A*AC in final A-Level results, the A* being in the course I want to study and the C having little to no relevance.

Firm Uni last year had 20 clearing places in this course (per FOI request) which fills me with confidence but of course I still wouldn't be meeting the offer with these grades.

Just feeling very frustrated and stressed as the gulf between A*AB and A*AC seems gargantuan in terms of access to high ranking Uni's which could come down to just a few marks.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.
Original post by BGE2005
Hi all!

In a bit of a predicament. Both Firm and Insurance offers are BBB (not points equivalent) and there's a non-zero (if not significant chance) of getting A*AC in final A-Level results, the A* being in the course I want to study and the C having little to no relevance.

Firm Uni last year had 20 clearing places in this course (per FOI request) which fills me with confidence but of course I still wouldn't be meeting the offer with these grades.

Just feeling very frustrated and stressed as the gulf between A*AB and A*AC seems gargantuan in terms of access to high ranking Uni's which could come down to just a few marks.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Nobody can tell you anything definite. If you miss a grade you havent met your offer so could end up being rejected. However, most universities outside the very top tend to accept near misses. This depends on the results of others but wont be known until results day. Unfortunately all you can do is wait for results day. If a university has spaces in clearing it is highly likely they will have accepted dropped grades first as clearing is a last resort for universities. They far prefer students who applied there and want to go there but narrowly missed than the risk they might not fill places or fill them with students who have not committed. Good luck but you wont know until August and hopefully you will have got into your firm choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending