The Student Room Group

Will a relationship with me last ?

Hi all,

So basically I have an issue that makes it incredibly painful to have sex ( currently in treatment ) . My last partner broke up with me as he didn't want to wait for my treatment to work. It's been 1 year and although slow there has definitely been improvement. My current partner told me last night that he didn't know if he wanted to be with me anymore because he wanted to be able to have sex most days we together ( obviously not always possible ) and that he has been thinking of going to try stuff with other people. Now i dont know whether to just tell him its over as he cant make up his mind. I don't know what to do I feel useless and unlovable. I don't know if it's unreasonable for me to expect people to stay with me with me how I am. I am aware I can't help my medical illness , and I do tell people before I date them that's something I suffer with and if that's not okay with them , I understand. But both times its been " absolutely fine don't worry " but about 6 months after I get ditched. Please any advice I just feel so undatable and unlovable.
Original post by Anonymous
...because he wanted to be able to have sex most days we together

Dude has unrealistic expectations. Even if you didn't have a health issue this would not be a reasonable expectation for him to put on you.

Intimacy isn't only penetrative sex. Are the two of you intimate in other ways?
Reply 2
Original post by 1582
Dude has unrealistic expectations. Even if you didn't have a health issue this would not be a reasonable expectation for him to put on you.

Intimacy isn't only penetrative sex. Are the two of you intimate in other ways?

I mean I would say so , I feel like I try to be as romantic as I can to make up for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending