The Student Room Group

Emotional dysregulation and it's effect on relationships

So my friendships never last because they walk away from me due to me complaining and stressing them out and also my negativity and extreme voice and thoughts is what makes people dislike me, my friends and everyone in secondary school bully me and that's what causes things to be blown out of proportion and there is something that always triggers an extreme breakdown. I actually worry about romantic relationships and it's effects on my romantic relationships and whether like say I had a boyfriend and they did something and it triggered me or I couldn't even get a boyfriend or I get married and my marriage doesn't last, or you get married and have a baby or something and the relationship doesn't last like nothing does. This is also caused by my troubled childhood, bullying in primary school and mainly secondary school then college by friends, near death experience when I was like 8 and my health issues where my attendance was below 50%. I never contributed in class and used to cry a lot then but my friendships did last. I never contributed in class and teachers thought there was something deeper going on so I saw a counsellor type person so they can find out what's been happening and I told them I was traumatised by periods and its true, I was. I didn't know what it was when I was 10, was seriously ill when I was 7, discharged when I was 10 when I reached puberty so didn't have a childhood. I was traumatised as we didn't learn it in school until I was 11 or 12. I also stress and then I stress my friends out or everyone else that is in my life. What do I do? Even with therapy my views and how I see the world doesn't change.
Reply 1
Are you actually engaging with therapy?

Quick Reply

Latest