The Student Room Group

Told off by invigilator in A level

I sat an alevel exam today and after being told to stop writing I continued and finished my sentence (which previously my teacher said was okay) but turned out to be quite a long sentence. The invigilator told me off when collecting the papers, will that penalise or disqualify me from that exam? I was told that unless they speak to you about it they won’t but don’t know if that counts or if she was trying to make a joke- just very stressed now!!! If anyone knows/ has had the same experience/ knows someone who has- what was the outcome? I’m a worrier and know I won’t be able to stop thinking about it
Reply 1
Original post by Anxiousstudent9
I sat an alevel exam today and after being told to stop writing I continued and finished my sentence (which previously my teacher said was okay) but turned out to be quite a long sentence. The invigilator told me off when collecting the papers, will that penalise or disqualify me from that exam? I was told that unless they speak to you about it they won’t but don’t know if that counts or if she was trying to make a joke- just very stressed now!!! If anyone knows/ has had the same experience/ knows someone who has- what was the outcome? I’m a worrier and know I won’t be able to stop thinking about it

Unless they exclusively mentioned you will be disqualified, I wouldn’t panic too much. That being said, I would still ask your teachers for further assistance. Also, I’d assume that if they were to disqualify you, you’d have been taken to an exam office of some sort at your school or something idk.
Best of luck 🤞
Reply 2

You should stop writing immediately not finish the sentence! You may have got away with it this time ...
Reply 3
I’m sure they won’t disqualify you - there’s no way they’d just do so without at least letting you know.
Reply 4

You should have stopped, but I imagine that you will be OK…….. this time. If she didn’t separate your exam paper from the others or take you to the office afterwards you’ll be fine, but next time it’s pens down when they say so!

Quick Reply

Latest