The Student Room Group

Going straight into year 2 of University in Scotland.

Hello, I am looking to go into Year 2 of the aero-mechanical engineering course at the University of Strathclyde. Could anyone that has applied to advanced entry before,advise me how it went and how did they prepare for Year 2, like did you revise over Year 1 modules in preparation? I am doing Scottish advanced highers in maths and physics. This would be much appreciated, thanks.
Original post by IntegrateU
Hello, I am looking to go into Year 2 of the aero-mechanical engineering course at the University of Strathclyde. Could anyone that has applied to advanced entry before,advise me how it went and how did they prepare for Year 2, like did you revise over Year 1 modules in preparation? I am doing Scottish advanced highers in maths and physics. This would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hey @IntegrateU :biggrin: Sorry you've not received a reply to this yet!

Year 2 entry will be more challenging than Year 1 given that you're coming in at a more advanced level. What you've suggested already is a good idea - use the summer to keep in touch with your AH content and continue to top up your knowledge where you can. You might be able to find a free online course related to Engineering which could also keep you in a good mindset of studying.

Have you chatted with any of our Unibuddies yet? We have a few from an undergraduate Engineering background so I'd say it's worth reaching out to them to see if they have any tips as they've been through it already: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/chattoastudentambassador/ :smile:

How have you found your AH and Higher exams this year? :biggrin:

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 2
Hello,
Thanks for your reply, I have found my AH exams good this year. I think I will keep on top of the AH content and look into an engineering course if possible like you suggested. Thank you for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest