The Student Room Group

Sitting A levels this year and failing or sitting them next year due to health reason

Hi all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance.

I've sat some of my papers already and I just know i'm going to not do well at all or possibly even fail due to extenuating circumstances regarding my health. My firm uni has already granted me a deferral meaning I can sit my exams next year and if i do get the grades, i'll get in.

However, as i'd also be applying to other universities next year, would the fact that I took 3 years to do my A levels (I will make reference of the extenuating circumstances that meant i wasn't able to sit exams this year in my personal statement and turn them into positives such as getting work experience etc) look worse than doing very (very) badly now and resitting next year?

cheers!
Original post by andrewarpr
Hi all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance.

I've sat some of my papers already and I just know i'm going to not do well at all or possibly even fail due to extenuating circumstances regarding my health. My firm uni has already granted me a deferral meaning I can sit my exams next year and if i do get the grades, i'll get in.

However, as i'd also be applying to other universities next year, would the fact that I took 3 years to do my A levels (I will make reference of the extenuating circumstances that meant i wasn't able to sit exams this year in my personal statement and turn them into positives such as getting work experience etc) look worse than doing very (very) badly now and resitting next year?

cheers!

personally, id still try this year - see what grades i get and if i did badly, it would be like doing practice a levels. however, i dont know if having bad grades on your record (as you have to state all grades you've got) will do you harm so you should speak to a career's advisor as it might be better to just not have the bad grades on your record.

i dont think other unis will worry about you taking 3 years as you have a reason.

all the best with your health, most important thing right now is to take it easy and focus on yourself
Reply 2
If you have genuine mit circs that you school can verify in writing then most Uni will accept 3-year A levels.
Reply 3
Which course and which universities are you interested in?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Which course and which universities are you interested in?

Hiya, i'm interested in Management at Bath, KCL, City, Exeter and those types of unis. My predicted this year was A*AA with offers from all unis i applied to (not the ones mentioned above).
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending