The Student Room Group

Is AI HL good enough for Natural Sciences at Cambridge?

Hello, I'm currently in year 12 and I'm thinking of applying to NatSci (biological) at Cambridge. I take the following subjects:
HL - Bio, Chem, Maths AI
SL - English A, Mandarin B, Business

I'm really happy with AL HL at the moment, I have an amazing teacher and I'm getting good grades. However, I was just wondering if that would be competitive enough for Cambridge? (I'm not that good at calculus which is what AA HL is heavily focussed on so I think I'm unlikely to get a 7 or even 6 if I switch, whereas if I stay in AI I think I can get a 7.)
Reply 1
Have you checked the IB entry requirements on the relevant course page on the Cambridge website?
If it isnt clear, then just email the Uni and ask.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Have you checked the IB entry requirements on the relevant course page on the Cambridge website?
If it isnt clear, then just email the Uni and ask.

Yes - they don’t require AA HL but they say they recommend it for the most competitive application
Original post by jasgraew
Yes - they don’t require AA HL but they say they recommend it for the most competitive application

Well that's your answer. It's probably less competitive, but accepted. Maybe less of an issue if applying to bionatsci I might speculate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending