The Student Room Group

Help urgent chemistry

Hey I don’t get how to do this QIMG_2609.jpeghow do I know the peak area?? For part a
(edited 11 months ago)
You’ve already done it correct I believe?

Just have a look at how many hydrogens are attatched to the atoms and do it as a ratio for the whole molecule
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Illumilottie

Just have a look at how many hydrogens are attatched to the atoms and do it as a ratio for the whole molecule

No that’s the markscheme working
Reply 3

What do u mean hydrogens attached to the molecule? There’s 9Hs but idk how to form the ratio…
I get the ratio part but still I’m stuck look at what I managed to get…IMG_2614.jpeg
You know the protons on N do they also get included in this and there’s 4 proton environments left when I get rid of the oh but in the Q they only allow u to put 3 in the box… why ??
Plz help
(edited 11 months ago)
Nh2 and OH are both removed using d20. And it's like the hydrogens on the group you're looking at so your CH? Groups. If it's CH3 there are 3 hydrogen atoms on the ATOM. So the peak area for that would be 3. I can draw it for you if you're still confused, let me know if you'd like me to.
Reply 5
Nh2 and OH are both removed using d20. And it's like the hydrogens on the group you're looking at so your CH? Groups. If it's CH3 there are 3 hydrogen atoms on the ATOM. So the peak area for that would be 3. I can draw it for you if you're still confused, let me know if you'd like me to.

Yes plz draw it
Here. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest