The Student Room Group

help please

I am applying to be house captain/head girl, and I'm stuck on the application. Does anyone have any ideas of what to include in it, specific sentences, or a good opening sentence?
Reply 1
Hey sure, here are some ideas for what to include in your application for house captain/head girl:

Your leadership skills: Discuss your experience in leadership roles, both in and out of school. What have you learned from these experiences? How have you used your leadership skills to make a positive impact?
Your commitment to your house: Explain why you are passionate about your house and what you would do to represent it. What are your goals for your house?
Your skills and talents: Highlight your skills and talents that would be beneficial in a leadership role. This could include things like public speaking, organization, or problem-solving.
Your personality and values: Discuss your personality and values. What kind of leader are you? What do you believe in?
Here is an example of a good opening sentence for your application:

"I am writing to express my interest in the position of house captain/head girl. I am a passionate and dedicated student who is committed to making a positive impact on my house."
Here are some specific sentences that you could include in your application:

"I have been a member of my house for four years and have held several leadership positions, including class president and student council representative. In these roles, I have learned how to effectively communicate with others, build consensus, and motivate my peers to achieve common goals."
"I am passionate about my house and believe that I can represent it well. I am a hard worker and am always willing to go the extra mile. I am also a good listener and am always willing to help others."
"I have a strong set of skills and talents that would be beneficial in a leadership role. I am a public speaker, I am organized, and I am good at solving problems."
"I am a positive and upbeat person who is always willing to help others. I believe that these qualities would make me a good leader."
I hope this helps!
Reply 2
Thank you so much, this helps a lot, thank you, thank you!
Original post by Syed100
Hey sure, here are some ideas for what to include in your application for house captain/head girl:

Your leadership skills: Discuss your experience in leadership roles, both in and out of school. What have you learned from these experiences? How have you used your leadership skills to make a positive impact?
Your commitment to your house: Explain why you are passionate about your house and what you would do to represent it. What are your goals for your house?
Your skills and talents: Highlight your skills and talents that would be beneficial in a leadership role. This could include things like public speaking, organization, or problem-solving.
Your personality and values: Discuss your personality and values. What kind of leader are you? What do you believe in?
Here is an example of a good opening sentence for your application:

"I am writing to express my interest in the position of house captain/head girl. I am a passionate and dedicated student who is committed to making a positive impact on my house."
Here are some specific sentences that you could include in your application:

"I have been a member of my house for four years and have held several leadership positions, including class president and student council representative. In these roles, I have learned how to effectively communicate with others, build consensus, and motivate my peers to achieve common goals."
"I am passionate about my house and believe that I can represent it well. I am a hard worker and am always willing to go the extra mile. I am also a good listener and am always willing to help others."
"I have a strong set of skills and talents that would be beneficial in a leadership role. I am a public speaker, I am organized, and I am good at solving problems."
"I am a positive and upbeat person who is always willing to help others. I believe that these qualities would make me a good leader."
I hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by alayna.67
Thank you so much, this helps a lot, thank you, thank you!

you're welcome! Happy to Help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending