The Student Room Group

This girl I’m speaking to rarely texts me anymore, we used to talk all day.

So…… Me and this girl met at work about 2 months ago. She told me she lived with this guy, her bf, but they were on bad terms and were pretty much apart. Therefore, when things escalated between us both, I thought a relationship was available. Probably stupid idk. When I say escalated, we got on really really well. She made it clear that she loved me. Telling me how much she missed me everyday, along with other things. I felt the same way. Then, a couple of weekends ago, her and the guy she lives with started to get along again, which is fine. But she stopped speaking to me as much that weekend, and we have barely talked since. We see eachother at work and irl things are like they always were for like a month and 1/2. But we never text. I’m finding it hard to understand how she’s managed to switch off the feelings she had for me so easily. Whereas I miss her very day, and it doesn’t feel like that on the other end of things. After that weekend I mentioned, I brought up that I didn’t feel comfortable doing this anymore, cos it felt like this guy had all her attention, and she said she felt the same way, that she didn’t feel comfortable with what we were doing. We said we would be friends and nothing really had to change. But like I said, we never talk outside of work anymore. Something has changed. She’s adamant nothing did. Why would she start things between us if she wasn’t comfortable with the idea of living with a guy and talking to another. I’m just so confused and feel slightly hard done by. I’ve been real upset cos of this, and she just seems okay with it all. I’m aware this was probably a terrible read and makes no sense. Any thoughts would be nice thank you :smile:
Reply 1
i'm not sure if i'm misunderstanding things here but it sounds like she wasn't entirely over her bf, plus the fact that she lived with him. she honestly could've just used you as like a 'rebound' whilst things were mending with her bf, and after that just decided to stop texting you in that way and started seeing you as just a friend again which is quite inconsiderate on her part. hope you're doing okay!
Reply 2
I doubt that after 2 months she loved you. It's awful but she was probably using you to help her cope with her relationship issues. She probably cut ties with you so that she won't develop stronger feelings as she's back on good terms with her bf. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending