The Student Room Group

Safety Worries

I am worried about my safety, I revealed way too much information to a guy two months ago, nothing has happened and I do not speak to him anymore as he lives overseas, but he knows how I looks like and I stupidly revealed some personal information about myself. He did not threaten to expose me or anything, but knowing how cruel and unpredictable he is, I am worried that he will do something horrible to me because he was a horrible person.

I remember putting the picture I sent him, which was of myself, it was a normal selfie, nothing inappropriate and I put it through a reverse google image search and found nothing, but I really I hope he did not save my pictures or information. He show me a picture of his face and told me some personal things about himself to me as well but I definitely didn't save any of it and even if I did I would never use that against him, no matter how horrible he was.

My hope is he completely forgets who I am and how I look like as time progresses, so I can move on peacefully, without worrying about the consequences from the disastrous relationship that we both had. He pressured me into doing things that I didn't want to do and told me he wouldn't leave me if I did those things, but despite doing what he asked, he would later block me, after he got what he wanted.

Long story short - I no longer trust men anymore.
hi!
i know this isnt a very helpful response, bc clearly you’re worried and telling someone to “stop worrying” isn’t going to do anything

however, from what you’ve said it seems there is nothing more you can do at the minute as from the sounds of it you’ve done the right thing by ending contact with him. what’s done is done and you can’t take back the things you told him, so unless something further happens i would try and put it as far out of your mind as possible (which is a lot easier said than done) as there’s no point to endlessly worrying on what could happen and it’ll just drive you crazy

i can’t really say more as i don’t know precisely what you mean by personal information, however if something further was to happen and you discover he has put things out there about you, there are definitely steps you can take if this does happen depending on the nature of the information. but until this happens, i don’t think there’s much else you can do, so my advice (as hard and unhelpful as it is) would be to try and distract yourself and put it out of your mind until a further issue arises (which hopefully it never will), as endlessly worrying will just make you feel worse if that makes sense
Reply 2
Original post by emilyxsierra
hi!
i know this isnt a very helpful response, bc clearly you’re worried and telling someone to “stop worrying” isn’t going to do anything

however, from what you’ve said it seems there is nothing more you can do at the minute as from the sounds of it you’ve done the right thing by ending contact with him. what’s done is done and you can’t take back the things you told him, so unless something further happens i would try and put it as far out of your mind as possible (which is a lot easier said than done) as there’s no point to endlessly worrying on what could happen and it’ll just drive you crazy

i can’t really say more as i don’t know precisely what you mean by personal information, however if something further was to happen and you discover he has put things out there about you, there are definitely steps you can take if this does happen depending on the nature of the information. but until this happens, i don’t think there’s much else you can do, so my advice (as hard and unhelpful as it is) would be to try and distract yourself and put it out of your mind until a further issue arises (which hopefully it never will), as endlessly worrying will just make you feel worse if that makes sense

He knows my real name, this wouldn't matter if it was a generic name, but it is not, it is a very rare name and although it is popular in my parent's native country, it is not a popular name amongst South Asian women in the UK.

I think I accidently told him what I school went to, I may have used an acronym, rather than its full name, but I am really unsure, although if I did tell him the acronym, he can easily search it up and find it, but I doubt he really cared about that piece of information even if I did do this, since it was obvious right from the start that he only wanted to use me for his own inappropriate gratification and he reached out to me without me asking for it, I never asked anyone for a relationship, but he convinced me that a relationship was what I wanted, he played on my insecurities and made me feel guilty about it, so I didn't think there was any harm of having a relationship with him but I was wrong more than I could ever possibly imagine.

The guy said I was "Meaningless" and that I meant "Nothing" to him, which broke my heart, because I really did think he cared for him, I know for a fact that I cared for him and loved him deeply, but I told him to stop being inappropriate and stop asking me for inappropriate favours, he was never going to stop, because that was what he only wanted me for, him telling me that our relationship was "Meaningless" might have left me heartbroken, but if he really meant that, then maybe he hasn't saved anything of me and I doubt he remembers the really personal details, except for my name, of course.
I think after 2 months and the minimal information you supplied to him, you should be fine. What information did he give you?
Reply 4
Original post by taylor2317
I think after 2 months and the minimal information you supplied to him, you should be fine. What information did he give you?

Original post by Anonymous
He knows my real name, this wouldn't matter if it was a generic name, but it is not, it is a very rare name and although it is popular in my parent's native country, it is not a popular name amongst South Asian women in the UK.

I think I accidently told him what I school went to, I may have used an acronym, rather than its full name, but I am really unsure, although if I did tell him the acronym, he can easily search it up and find it.

This was my last reply to a different user on this thread, it's not the whole reply, but this was the information I disclosed to them and that's the personal information I was talking about.
This was my last reply to a different user on this thread, it's not the whole reply, but this was the information I disclosed to them and that's the personal information I was talking about.

Yup, I saw that. What information did he give you about himself, as that is not mentioned?
Reply 6
Yup, I saw that. What information did he give you about himself, as that is not mentioned?

Now that I think about it, he did not give me that much personal information, he gave me his name, he told me he lived in America, he goes to college but he wasn't very committed because he got bad grades and did not show up there sometimes. I also know how his face looks like as well, but he had a very generic face, there's probably so many men that look like him and he was 20 years old. He told me some creepy stuff like he regularly gets with suicidal girls and that's why I should be him and he told me some really inappropriate R Rated stuff and asked me to do R-Rated stuff out of nowhere, on top of that. I am not talking to him anymore, but he ended deleting his account or it was banned, anyway, so he's long gone and I wouldn't be able to speak to him again. I wish he never preyed upon me, but that what's he did, I wish I never spoke to him, I wish I never met him, I wish he never had an account, I wish he never existed, I wish him the worst and I hope his whole life sucks. He only preys upon vulnerable women and I was one of them, because he loves instability.
Now that I think about it, he did not give me that much personal information, he gave me his name, he told me he lived in America, he goes to college but he wasn't very committed because he got bad grades and did not show up there sometimes. I also know how his face looks like as well, but he had a very generic face, there's probably so many men that look like him and he was 20 years old. He told me some creepy stuff like he regularly gets with suicidal girls and that's why I should be him and he told me some really inappropriate R Rated stuff and asked me to do R-Rated stuff out of nowhere, on top of that. I am not talking to him anymore, but he ended deleting his account or it was banned, anyway, so he's long gone and I wouldn't be able to speak to him again. I wish he never preyed upon me, but that what's he did, I wish I never spoke to him, I wish I never met him, I wish he never had an account, I wish he never existed, I wish him the worst and I hope his whole life sucks. He only preys upon vulnerable women and I was one of them, because he loves instability.

Well, it sounds like you are fine to me. Nothing should happen to you because of the details you shared. However, take this as a lesson to not share personal details online.
Wishing you all the best :angelwings:
Reply 8
Well, it sounds like you are fine to me. Nothing should happen to you because of the details you shared. However, take this as a lesson to not share personal details online.
Wishing you all the best :angelwings:

Thanks, Taylor!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending