The Student Room Group

My manager clearly prefers everyone else

I don’t think I’m being treated fairly at all and I’m not sure if I can say / do anything about it.

Within my team we are all entitled to a WFH day every week ( the one form is allowed to wfh on a Friday but this is an extra day)

I’ve been covering for this girl who’s been away for 3 months WFH because she’s doing some acting tournament. So I haven’t been able to take mine since she’s been away. But she’s coming back soon and my manager is just so funny when I put my WFH days in the calendar. She always seems to question it / make it difficult but for the other girls in my team she never questions it.

You know when you can just tell someone doesn’t like you as much? I’ve no idea why, I’m polite respectful, I do my job well. Nothing too well, it’s not jealousy or anything. I just don’t know. I think I’ve gone the extra mile especially covering for this girl. I do so much and I really think it goes under appreciated
Reply 1
Hey, I don’t know if this helps, but I was in the situation at my old job. I was only there for half a year, but the manager really didn’t like me for some reason. So I had my 3 month meeting to see if they wanted to keep me on, and he started saying random stuff about me not being a team player since I never covered for anyone (I was in sixth form so I couldn’t take day shifts), and he was “disappointed” since I’d said I left my prior job because I didn’t get enough shifts! Which is crazy, because this was my first job! He had it in his head that I was this selfish horrible employee, but he had his stories mixed - sometimes people would rather keep their thoughts about you private instead of talking it out, and when it turns out that they’re wrong, they dislike you even more lmao!
Tldr; don’t let it bother you too much, managers can be horrible.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I don’t know if this helps, but I was in the situation at my old job. I was only there for half a year, but the manager really didn’t like me for some reason. So I had my 3 month meeting to see if they wanted to keep me on, and he started saying random stuff about me not being a team player since I never covered for anyone (I was in sixth form so I couldn’t take day shifts), and he was “disappointed” since I’d said I left my prior job because I didn’t get enough shifts! Which is crazy, because this was my first job! He had it in his head that I was this selfish horrible employee, but he had his stories mixed - sometimes people would rather keep their thoughts about you private instead of talking it out, and when it turns out that they’re wrong, they dislike you even more lmao!
Tldr; don’t let it bother you too much, managers can be horrible.

Yeah that sucks, it really is horrible. I’ve covered this girl for 3 months ( which is fine idm) but when I’ve asked to WFH for 2 days it’s suddenly an issue and it never seems to be for anyone else! I don’t wanna say anything to my manager because I don’t want to create awkwardness but if it continues I will mention it in my apparaisal in December!
Reply 3
That sounds like a really good course of action! However if it gets to a point that it’s unbearable before then, if there’s some sort of HR that you can get in contact with do so!

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah that sucks, it really is horrible. I’ve covered this girl for 3 months ( which is fine idm) but when I’ve asked to WFH for 2 days it’s suddenly an issue and it never seems to be for anyone else! I don’t wanna say anything to my manager because I don’t want to create awkwardness but if it continues I will mention it in my apparaisal in December!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending