The Student Room Group

Anyone who has done a gap year/resits and reapplied to med

Hi, so I've received my A level results and will resit 1 of my subjects as I'd just about missed the A. I qualify for AAB/ABB offers for the 4 unis I want to apply to but just thinking, if I get an offer it'd be unconditional so would there be a point resitting the B?

I was set to get an A but the grade boundaries were tougher this year. I don't mind it that much but since my school offers the resit should I just do it. Hypothetically if I was to get a lower grade in the resit (god forbid) would they make that my new achieved grade then? For example AAC instead of my AAB I got this year?
(edited 7 months ago)
It's not necessary for you to resit that A Level since you meet or exceed the entry requirements. Your offers should be made based on the grades you already achieved so you should get unconditional offers which, as the name suggests, are unconditional and so cannot be taken away even if you perform poorly at the resit.

Simply put, you have nothing to gain and nothing to lose from resitting it. I personally wouldn't do it and would focus on other activities for your gap year. Enjoy it! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
It's not necessary for you to resit that A Level since you meet or exceed the entry requirements. Your offers should be made based on the grades you already achieved so you should get unconditional offers which, as the name suggests, are unconditional and so cannot be taken away even if you perform poorly at the resit.

Simply put, you have nothing to gain and nothing to lose from resitting it. I personally wouldn't do it and would focus on other activities for your gap year. Enjoy it! :smile:

Okay, thank you very much xx

Quick Reply

Latest