The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA Alevel

I am really overwhelmed with the content of this A level. I love psychology but the way I have to revise is just monotonous and it makes me want to cry. I'm really stressed for exams. Does anyone know any good tips for memorising researchers and content for this A level? I need an A/ A*. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by sas132
I am really overwhelmed with the content of this A level. I love psychology but the way I have to revise is just monotonous and it makes me want to cry. I'm really stressed for exams. Does anyone know any good tips for memorising researchers and content for this A level? I need an A/ A*. Thanks :smile:

I personally made a massive document split into each unit with the researchers name, what they did in their experiment, their findings, and what this concludes. I then highlighted any that could be used as counter points or could be used in multiple 16 markers.

I also recommend associating an image or a set of pictures to each AO3 paragraph if you're a visual learner like me (that really helped me to understand and remember points about the diathesis-stress model).

I would also say that there is so much information that flashcards isn't the most efficient way of revising psychology case studies and the majority of content but you could match the names of key individuals to the basic outline of their study to build a solid foundation.

Hope this helps and lmk if you have any more questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by sas132

You could try UpLearn it is great for Maths, Chem, Bio, Phys, Econ and Psych. :wink:
Original post by thegeek888
You could try UpLearn it is great for Maths, Chem, Bio, Phys, Econ and Psych. :wink:

You have to pay for this though. There are lots of free revision resources on Physics and Maths Tutor, Study Mind, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest