The Student Room Group

GCSE english language creative writing

when we're given a picture to describe in the exam, are we allowed to write a story that's linked to the picture? So if I had to describe a sunny place, can i write a story where a person is in a stormy area and dreams of sunlight or does it just have to be a descriptive piece
Reply 1
Original post by 234532dsd32
when we're given a picture to describe in the exam, are we allowed to write a story that's linked to the picture? So if I had to describe a sunny place, can i write a story where a person is in a stormy area and dreams of sunlight or does it just have to be a descriptive piece

This is perfectly fine as well as you follow the prompt for story which is usually underneath the description prompt. E.g. "write a story about a time things turned out unexpectedly". This is a perfectly acceptable thing that most students do.
Original post by 234532dsd32

you can not write a story it has to be in third person
Original post by barnaby16
you can not write a story it has to be in third person

why does it have to be third person, you can still do a perfectly good description as if you're in the first person. if anything it could be better. there is also typically a story question, so the person still could do it while taking inspiration from the photo,
Hi! The picture should be a starting point of inspiration, so I would make sure you mention elements in the picture (for example if it's a storm then the setting could be in a stormy place or a character with storm powers) but also remember this can just be a starting point and don't feel too restricted by it! Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending