The Student Room Group

Predcited Grades

Hi, (im year 12)

I’ve just received predicted grades and there not great for what I need (ABB predicted) need (AAA) but I know that I can get AAA in the actual exams. Therefore, if I took a deferred year do unis take your actual grades rather than the predicted as I have heard this before, just need some clarification.
yes if you apply next year they will look at your achieved instead of predicted grades
Original post by finmcelroy
Hi, (im year 12)

I’ve just received predicted grades and there not great for what I need (ABB predicted) need (AAA) but I know that I can get AAA in the actual exams. Therefore, if I took a deferred year do unis take your actual grades rather than the predicted as I have heard this before, just need some clarification.
Reply 2
I think you have a couple of options:
1. Talk to your teachers to see if they will raise the B grades to A grades. It depends how close you are to the A. But be careful applying to courses with AAA because you may well indeed get the B grades in the end and you will have missed out on places.
2. Research decent courses with ABB and lower. You'll need these as back ups.
3. As you say, you can reapply (defer is something different) next year with the results you actually have.
Hi, (im year 12)

You won't have predicted grades on your application if you apply next cycle and aren't retaking anything. Uni's will just have your awarded grades to make a decision on.
Hi, (im year 12)

Hey @finmcelroy,

If you reapplied next year they'd be looking at your actual, achieved grades not your predicted ones - you're right with that one! Deferring is something slightly different - that's when you move your year of entry into university to the next academic year (i.e. from Sept 23 to Sept 24), which people might do after they get their exam results if they've decided not to go to university that year.

It might also be worth having a chat with your teachers/careers advisors about your predicted grades and your offers so you can go through your options with people who know your application best!

All the best - good luck with your exams!
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Reply 5
The usual advice for your 5 UCAS choices is :

1 or 2 choices just above your predicted grades - one grade and not in a vital subject.

2 or 3 at your predicted grades - you are almost certain to get offers with these.

1 choice at least 1 grade below your predicted grades - your potential Insurance choice.

Don't pick more than 2 of UCL, KCL, LSE and Imperial - or 1 if you are also applying to Oxford/Cambridge.

More useful advice here - How to Avoid 5 Rejections - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending