The Student Room Group

I am afraid that she might get a boyfriend soon too. What should I do?

I posted before here that I asked out my childhood friend(let's call her A) and she is 21 now turning 22 soon and I am also 22 now but she took almost a month to reply to it and she agreed by writing yeah ok but A isn't that active on Instagram so she hasn't replied yet after I asked her when we can meet.

Recently since May 28th 2023, I had been chatting with another girl(let's call her B) on Instagram who used to be in the same school as me but she is few years my junior so we didn't know each other in school days. Now she is in 1st year of college and I am in last year of college so she is either 18 about to turn 19 soon or is already 19 now. We are in different colleges now but her college is very near to my home. We chat daily on Instagram unlike my childhood friend A who takes weeks to reply to me. B is really sweet and we send each other virtual hugs and we both tell each other what all we did in college or in any classes. But today she said how her friend got her first kiss and a boyfriend too and she felt a bit sad as she is single. I am literally 22 and didn't even get my first kiss and no girlfriend at all but I didn't say her that. Now I am afraid that what if she gets a boyfriend too from her college especially after she saw her friend getting her first kiss. I really wanna ask her out but we only had been chatting for like 3 weeks or so. My childhood friend A is also not coming online or replying so idk when we will meet and now I started to like B too but after she said about her friend today and feeling scared and kind of like a loser for being 22 and being so inexperienced.
Reply 1
What's stopping you asking B out? The whole point of dating is to get to know each other, but are you using her as a fallback plan, given that you are in love with A and want her as a girlfriend?

If you do try with B, take it slowly and don't be too intense and rush into things because you're desperate. TBH, you'd be better off getting your head in the right place geford you involve anyone else in your life.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
What's stopping you asking B out? The whole point of dating is to get to know each other, but are you using her as a fallback plan, given that you are in love with A and want her as a girlfriend?

If you do try with B, take it slowly and don't be too intense and rush into things because you're desperate. TBH, you'd be better off getting your head in the right place geford you involve anyone else in your life.

Btw what about the fact that B told about her friend getting her first kiss? I am honestly worried that she too might get a bf before I can even ask her out
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Btw what about the fact that B told about her friend getting her first kiss? I am honestly worried that she too might get a bf before I can even ask her out

Then ask her out!
Reply 4
Seize the moment, ask B out. Hopefully she says yes and you can all make your kissing dream come true. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending