The Student Room Group

any scottish awards or something similar to help my chances of getting into uni

i’m in my final year of high school and i’m doing 1 ADH and 3 Hs and did 3 Hs last year too, is there any sort of awards or sort of things i can do to help my chances of getting into uni for psychology
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by daniectrl
i’m in my final year of high school and i’m doing 1 ADH and 3 Hs and did 3 Hs last year too, is there any sort of awards or sort of things i can do to help my chances of getting into uni for psychology

Hey @daniectrl :smile: Have you already applied to UCAS this year or are you applying in a later year? Do you know which university you'd like to study at?

Psychology can be quite a competitive area for study so universities generally look to check that your grades are where they need them to be, and extra info you include in your personal statement can help too. There's not one specific award or extra curricular activity that I'd recommend, but I'd recommend any sort of activity that builds your skills up in areas like teamworking, communication and people skills to get you started. You can build these skills in a number of ways (part time work, DofE, volunteering, tutoring younger year groups etc) and how you're able to describe what you've gained from those activites is what can support you're application that bit more. It's not so much *what* you do - it's about what you gain from it and how it can prepare you for university life.

I'd encourage you to reach out to the universities you're considering directly. Each university will have different entry requirements and admissions processes so if you have a 'favourite' in mind then you can work towards what they need from you :smile: Don't be afraid to reach out and ask for guidance!

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending