The Student Room Group

ESA and GSA applicants 2023

Hello!

I wanted to make a thread for 2023 applicants because I couldn’t find one.

I’ve applied for photography at GSA - interview in feb!

Scroll to see replies

Moved into the Art & Design courses forum :smile:
Yoo I have a 20 min GSA interview next Friday. Looking forward to it. Gl on ur interview
Thank you! Let me know how it goes! Good luck 🤞
Hi!! did my interview. It went ok - not great not terrible. They asked me to present my work for ten minutes then asked the usual mfa questions. I was very nervous but they were super nice and straight to business. GL on ur interview.
Hey I just did my interview for fine art photography! It wasn’t terrible but I also don’t think I did enough to get myself over the line unfortunately.
Reply 6
Original post by stayfrthcredits
Hey I just did my interview for fine art photography! It wasn’t terrible but I also don’t think I did enough to get myself over the line unfortunately.

Hey I have my interview next week. What sort of questions did they ask and were you able to choose what work you wanted to talk about? Thanks! :smile:
Hey!

Interview was very laid back but I was very nervous all of a sudden which I think was completely on me because they were very nice. Hard to tell what they were thinking, didn’t give much away!

They asked me

Why GSA?
Why fine art photography and what does that mean to me?
Asked me to speak about one thing in my portfolio in detail and I panicked a bit here to be honest, just felt a bit nervous or insecure.
Asked me about outside interests, hobbies etc

My top tip would be to try and be confident in your own work, and show that you have researched the course you have applied to. I had done all this and was prepared but I think I was too nervous and sort of repeated myself. Confidence is key!
Reply 8
Me too! Good luck with yours xx
Original post by Mazeskn
Hey I have my interview next week. What sort of questions did they ask and were you able to choose what work you wanted to talk about? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 9
Hey!

Interview was very laid back but I was very nervous all of a sudden which I think was completely on me because they were very nice. Hard to tell what they were thinking, didn’t give much away!

They asked me

Why GSA?
Why fine art photography and what does that mean to me?
Asked me to speak about one thing in my portfolio in detail and I panicked a bit here to be honest, just felt a bit nervous or insecure.
Asked me about outside interests, hobbies etc

My top tip would be to try and be confident in your own work, and show that you have researched the course you have applied to. I had done all this and was prepared but I think I was too nervous and sort of repeated myself. Confidence is key!

Hi thank you so much that's a big help!!!! Good luck:smile: x
Original post by jlb.
Me too! Good luck with yours xx

Thank you so much!!! Good luck with yours also xx
still not hear about getting an interview for comdes at gsa getting kinda worried as some of my friends have got theirs. anyone heard from edinburgh? i applied to two courses: illustration and animation
Just got an unconditional for fine art photography! Can’t believe it!
Me too! I’m over the moon!
Just got an unconditional for fine art photography! Can’t believe it!
Original post by Cocopops333

Ahh that’s class! Congratulations 🥰 I was so sure I’d messed up the interview!
Spent a week revising for interview and timing myself - but it paid off. Absolutely delighted . GSA is my dream . Well done to you too and see you in September! 👏🏻

Original post by Cocopops333

Well done to both of you! I’ve applied to fashion + textiles at gsa (rejected from fashion), but I have a friend who had an interview for fine art photography the other week and was told she’d hear back at the end of march, when was both your interviews? just to hopefully give her a sense of calm lol
My interview was 2 weeks ago today - I got they offer the following Friday. I’m sorry about Fashion and really hope things work out for you

Original post by chinad0lls
Well done to both of you! I’ve applied to fashion + textiles at gsa (rejected from fashion), but I have a friend who had an interview for fine art photography the other week and was told she’d hear back at the end of march, when was both your interviews? just to hopefully give her a sense of calm lol
Reply 18
I applied for textiles too! I had my interview and now waiting for an answer
Original post by chinad0lls
Original post by jlb.
I applied for textiles too! I had my interview and now waiting for an answer

Ah good luck !! I had an interview last year and my portfolio this year has more textiles stuff so i’m really hoping to get one again, when was your interview? It’s good to know they’re doing them rn so i’ll find out soon hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest