The Student Room Group

Liverpool Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by berryverse
I’m feeling super conflicted honestly - is anyone going to try and apply for different courses via UCAS Extra or just wait for Clearing on results day? If so which course?

I’m trying clearing for chemistry
Guys l emailed back asking for feedback and the automatic reply says if you are requesting post-interview feedback, this will be provided after the Easter holidays. So we will probably get an email from them after easter
Reply 662
It feels wierd to come back to this thread after a year. I had recieved a post interview rejection from Liverpool for 2023 entry and it was such a dark time in my life. Honestly, the best thing forward is to forget about the university process for the time being, as the grades you get will be the most part of your application from now on. Good luck all who were rejected and congratulations for all who recieved offers
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 663
Original post by Felixb879
I’m with you there I love dentistry and am gutted but I kinda believe everything happens for a reason so gonna look at other courses in clearing maybe chemistry as I find that very interesting or physiotherapy as I still like working with patients

sure everything happens for a reason, but maybe the reason was that you were meant to take a gap year and reapply, rather than go straight into uni. gap years can be incredibly useful and very formative experiences so don’t give up yet!!🙏
Original post by Ajdj12
It feels wierd to come back to this thread after a year. I had recieved a post interview rejection from Liverpool for 2023 entry and it was such a dark time in my life. Honestly, the best thing forward is to forget about the university process for the time being, as the grades you get will be the most part of your application from now on. Good luck all who were rejected and congratulations for all who recieved offers

It was nice to read someone who can relate to how I am feeling right now, it does feel quite dark. If you don't mind me asking what are you doing now?
has anyone else been deferred for 2025?
Original post by handreww
has anyone else been deferred for 2025?

Is the deferred option should be received via UCAS as well?
Original post by M Morcos
Is the deferred option should be received via UCAS as well?

I got an email from Liverpool offering me a place for 2025 and on UCAS the start date is 22nd September 2025
I got an email from Liverpool offering me a place for 2025 and on UCAS the start date is 22nd September 2025

Ok, thank you
Reply 669

free gap year, that’s kinda sick

are you gonna firm it?
Original post by Idontknow07!
It was nice to read someone who can relate to how I am feeling right now, it does feel quite dark. If you don't mind me asking what are you doing now?

I didn’t get in last year and I felt pretty down. I now have 3 offers but I have to resit my chem A Level as I dropped to B because they all rejected me before my exams and it hit me hard. Don’t do what I did. Focus on ur exams and the see what you want to do after that. But the year really does pass so quick and it gives you time to
Prep for the interviews and gain some confidence and work on ur interview technique
Original post by Zaynab29
I didn’t get in last year and I felt pretty down. I now have 3 offers but I have to resit my chem A Level as I dropped to B because they all rejected me before my exams and it hit me hard. Don’t do what I did. Focus on ur exams and the see what you want to do after that. But the year really does pass so quick and it gives you time to
Prep for the interviews and gain some confidence and work on ur interview technique

Hi Can I ask what your UCAT score was?
Thanks
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Did you do any work experience during this time/ charity work ? And also would like to know is there any dental
School that doesn’t consider if you didn’t get in your first time/ I meant has grade but didn’t pass interview
Original post by amanoyee636
Did you do any work experience during this time/ charity work ? And also would like to know is there any dental
School that doesn’t consider if you didn’t get in your first time/ I meant has grade but didn’t pass interview

Uni of Bham
Doesnt

Liverpool can try one more time
Original post by Gbains
Uni of Bham
Doesnt
Liverpool can try one more time

Thanks

Do unis accept a level retakes for dentistry, if so which unis?
Original post by itsria
free gap year, that’s kinda sick
are you gonna firm it?

yeah defo, they said I might be able to get in this year on results day! just waiting for my non dent offer
Reply 677
Original post by Idontknow07!
Do unis accept a level retakes for dentistry, if so which unis?

no offense to this person at all but i wouldn’t trust people on tsr to give you this information as it could be outdated or muddled up. go look on unis’ admissions policies and find out for yourself, that’s the best way x
Original post by itsria
sure everything happens for a reason, but maybe the reason was that you were meant to take a gap year and reapply, rather than go straight into uni. gap years can be incredibly useful and very formative experiences so don’t give up yet!!🙏

Sadly I’ve already taken 2 it’s a sign so just live and learn
Anyone looking for accommodation just a minute no exaggeration from the dental school please pm me. First year dental student.

Quick Reply

Latest