The Student Room Group

My friend lied about having a serious illness

This guy I was friends with lied to me about having a serious illness and I'm really hurt by it all I've ended the friendship but he won't stop messaging me asking for another chance even when I block him he makes another account, any advice?
Reply 1
Sometimes it can be hard for people to share things about their health with friends especially if its quite serious. Hes probably going through a lot rn. I think you should listen to what he has to say and go from there, you might be able to fix your friendship (if you want).
Reply 2
Original post by lil050820
Sometimes it can be hard for people to share things about their health with friends especially if its quite serious. Hes probably going through a lot rn. I think you should listen to what he has to say and go from there, you might be able to fix your friendship (if you want).

He only did it because I was getting close to another guy he lied my mum died of the illness he said he had, only when I asked his mum and she said what illness
Original post by Anonymous
He only did it because I was getting close to another guy he lied my mum died of the illness he said he had, only when I asked his mum and she said what illness

Massive red flag, it's not only morally objectionable, it's specifically manipulative behaviour on his part - would definitely avoid that person...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Oh that is bad. I think I misunderstood your original post (I thought you meant he was trying to keep his so called illness a secret). I would avoid him and carry on blocking him. Sorry he did that to you its a really bad thing to do to someone.
Reply 5
Original post by lil050820
Oh that is bad. I think I misunderstood your original post (I thought you meant he was trying to keep his so called illness a secret). I would avoid him and carry on blocking him. Sorry he did that to you its a really bad thing to do to someone.

It's ok I don't think I made it that clear he lied about being seriously ill

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending