The Student Room Group

Finance eligibility

I am writing to enquire about my eligibility to get a postgraduate degree loan. I am currently on a leave to remain visa. I completed my law degree at the University of Brighton which was self funded. I am currently unable to pay for my masters so I enquired about getting a student loan.

I am eligible if I have been in the UK for more than half my life or over 20 years. I fulfill both of these criteria. I saw a list of things I should provide as evidence. I have no documentation for the first 5 years as I was living with a family member, not working so therefore no employment records or bank account. The only evidence I have of how long I have been in the UK is my home office records. These show my application dates and approval to come to the UK plus my visa. They show the time stamps of my arrival into the UK which are also in my passport. I have not left the UK since my arrival in 2003 as shown in the documents I have from the home office in 2008. I have supporting evidence from this point on. I am currently waiting for a college certificate I got in 2005/2006 to provide as further evidence.

I am seeking your assistance as to what steps I can take to hopefully start this course as soon as possible.
Original post by Kuku11
I am writing to enquire about my eligibility to get a postgraduate degree loan. I am currently on a leave to remain visa. I completed my law degree at the University of Brighton which was self funded. I am currently unable to pay for my masters so I enquired about getting a student loan.
I am eligible if I have been in the UK for more than half my life or over 20 years. I fulfill both of these criteria. I saw a list of things I should provide as evidence. I have no documentation for the first 5 years as I was living with a family member, not working so therefore no employment records or bank account. The only evidence I have of how long I have been in the UK is my home office records. These show my application dates and approval to come to the UK plus my visa. They show the time stamps of my arrival into the UK which are also in my passport. I have not left the UK since my arrival in 2003 as shown in the documents I have from the home office in 2008. I have supporting evidence from this point on. I am currently waiting for a college certificate I got in 2005/2006 to provide as further evidence.
I am seeking your assistance as to what steps I can take to hopefully start this course as soon as possible.

Hi there. Regarding the evidence requirements for Long Residency, we would need the majority of the dates covered by evidence you have mentioned above. The best advice I can give for this would be to submit your application as soon as possible, provide all evidence you can (original evidence sent by post) and for any dates where there are gaps, provide a cover letter to explain why. If further evidence is then required you will be contacted directly. Thanks, David
Reply 2
Thank you for your help
Original post by Kuku11
Thank you for your help

You're welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending