The Student Room Group

Just recently started a job/struggling

Hi everyone,
I recently started working at PWC as an audit assistant. After the first 2 weeks of training, I was put on one of PWC’s clients. At the start, everything was going to the right direction, and I was progressing gradually. My team liked my hard-work and the dedication that I was putting in, despite me not being very talkative, they really liked my approach.
My AM started to notice that I was someone that she could rely on, and she gave me a responsibility which was to sample few stuffs and explained me the task twice. I thought that I understood what needed to be done and completed my work on time.
Now, it was time for her to review my work. She called me over, at first, she started to shake her head and breathing heaving and then she bashed me off for 20-25 minutes straight with everyone in my team just looking at her having a go at me. No one intervened. She went over the edge and was super rude with me. She told me in simple words “I’m not good enough”. Bare mind this was my 4th week into the job.
I was so scared because of everything that happened and angry at the same time because of the way she treated me, as no one should be talking to you like a kid. She didn’t even apologise after going over the board. The next when I came back to work, she didn’t give me any work.
I feel like that my first feedback will not be good enough, and I’m scared that this might impact my stay at PWC. Also, in few weeks’ times I’ll doing my exams too, which doesn’t help.
I tried to repair the relationship as much as I could, but I feel like she’s not having it. And I know for sure that she talks behind my back. I feel like she’s picking up on me as I’m not very talkative and like to get on with my work.
Also, I’m thick minded when it comes to verbal understanding, especially when someone is explaining a task, I don’t remember every detail and feel like asking more than twice the same thing, it gives a wrong image about me.
Is there any solution for the above and what should I do from now going forward to prevent the above happening?
Have you tried having a reasonable conversation with her? It may be your unaware your doing something wrong and it be a simple fix. However, the way she handled the situation is very unprofessional and if no constructive feedback, advice or help was given that should be looked into especially as it wasn't in a private setting such as an office. I would try once more to discuss it with her and if the same thing occurs find someone higher up to report her to or find another job and leave a bad review.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending