The Student Room Group

Mother being toxic over my sexuality

I recently came out as gay to my mother. I just started seeing a guy. I am a university student overseas and my mother is funding my education.
My mum refused to accept my sexuality, claiming that I was confused. She even went as far as to suggest that I should just be single instead of being in a relationship. She is threatening to stop talking to me and even cut me off if I continue my relationship with this guy, even going as far as stating that me getting serious with this guy will be over her dead body.
I honestly don't know how to feel about this and have no idea where to go from here. Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by Dash13
I recently came out as gay to my mother. I just started seeing a guy. I am a university student overseas and my mother is funding my education.
My mum refused to accept my sexuality, claiming that I was confused. She even went as far as to suggest that I should just be single instead of being in a relationship. She is threatening to stop talking to me and even cut me off if I continue my relationship with this guy, even going as far as stating that me getting serious with this guy will be over her dead body.
I honestly don't know how to feel about this and have no idea where to go from here. Does anyone have any advice?

Maybe you could lie? Say that you broke it off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending