The Student Room Group

how to prepare for 2nd year

i messed around a lot in first year didn’t go out much but had a tight group n we did nothing the whole year. i only did lecture work and assignments meaning i managed to get good grades but apart from the bare minimum i didn’t do anything. so i find myself in this position asking for help and like a reality check on what to expect from year 2 of a psychology degree. I scraped passes in many modules and had never studied the subject before so i should’ve really studied harder to gain a basis knowledge l during first yesr because now i’m scared that 2nd year will hit so hard that i won’t be able to manage it and that’s where i ****ed up.
if anyone has any tips or advice or anything lmk
(edited 10 months ago)
Hello,

I understand that you didn't do as well in your first year. Neither have I. But I did better over time, though I wouldn't say the best because of my mental health. If I can manage through, I feel like so can you. It was very difficult and still is, but it's manageable. I would recommend taking notes whenever you can and going through the learning objectives for your units. I would suggest talking to your student advisor to get advice on how to be on track with your modules. If you still managed the first year when you said you didn't do so well, surely you can go through the rest of the years! Do not be hard on yourself and keep going!!!

All the best,
Dana Kafoud
3rd year student at the University of Essex Online
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending