The Student Room Group

Girlfriend won’t go out clubbing with me

Hi everyone my Girlfriend won’t go out clubbing just me and her, I’m a DJ, so work one night a week, I asked Togo out on a night I’m not DJing so can go together, but she says I want to come out when you work so can hear you play, does this sound right or am I thinking wrong, should I take her word for it, then she’s coming to work with me tonight, but last minute tried inviting 2 friends who are girls to come so she can dance and she said she will be board me DJing and her stood there, in my eyes we would be having a laugh and good time, but she thinks she will be bord and would rather have girls to dance with her as she loves my music so much, what do I think lol
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone my Girlfriend won’t go out clubbing just me and her, I’m a DJ, so work one night a week, I asked Togo out on a night I’m not DJing so can go together, but she says I want to come out when you work so can hear you play, does this sound right or am I thinking wrong, should I take her word for it, then she’s coming to work with me tonight, but last minute tried inviting 2 friends who are girls to come so she can dance and she said she will be board me DJing and her stood there, in my eyes we would be having a laugh and good time, but she thinks she will be bord and would rather have girls to dance with her as she loves my music so much, what do I think lol

Makes sense.

I used to DJ myself, so I know what the dynamic is like.

Obviously, as a DJ, you're there to do a job and focusing on keeping the dancefloor busy should be your priority. Furthermore, depending on the type of DJ you are, you may also be taking requests, shout-outs etc. people may approach her instead of disturbing you... so it also means she would have to talk to many strangers, which may be something she's not comfortable doing. That's, of course assuming she's allowed in the DJ booth. If she would be standing outside on her own, then it's even more understandable she would want her friends with her.

On the other hand, a DJ is a high-profile spot (a DJ is to a ngihtclub what a head chef is to a restaurant), so it could also be "bragging rights" for her in front of her friends (if that makes sense). Besides, if people there know she's with you, then she's less likely to get "unwanted attention".
Original post by Anonymous

Course she will be bored while you DJ let her invite a friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending