The Student Room Group

Non-Pharmacy Job Options

Hi everyone, I am coming to the end of my pre-reg year but I have decided that I no longer want to be a pharmacist or work in pharmacy. What are some good non-pharmacy job options for a MPharm graduate/Pre-reg who is about to finish? Any suggestions, ideas or stories of your own would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Reply 1
Original post by CashMoney
Hi everyone, I am coming to the end of my pre-reg year but I have decided that I no longer want to be a pharmacist or work in pharmacy. What are some good non-pharmacy job options for a MPharm graduate/Pre-reg who is about to finish? Any suggestions, ideas or stories of your own would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I had a pharmacy student working the summer a few years ago. Like you did not want to work as a pharmacist and left university at year 3 with a BSc in pharmaceutical studies. Became a chemistry teacher in a secondary school and last heard of thoroughly enjoying.
The pharmacy degree is well regarded as a general science degree. Note that the MPharm is not a “proper” masters degree. Do your research on that.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
You could get into accounting/finance or tech via a graduate scheme.
Agree with Sarah. Use it as a basic science degree, and start looking at graduate trainee schemes in something that does interest you.
In my peer group, the 2 most successful were those who left pharmacy before they were 30, and one went into publishing, and another into computers/tech.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending