The Student Room Group

Would you be ****ed off?

Visiting friends atm, staying at theirs for free, very grateful for that of course. One of them is in their room 24/7 and can only do one activity a day. So see them for a couple of hours tops and that’s it. They’ve always been the same but thought they’d make more effort as I’ve made the effort to travel a long way to see them when they’ve been saying they’re excited for a couple of weeks. The other friend has made an effort and is around and feels bad that the other one is behaving that way. It feels kinda *****y tho and I feel differently towards this friend now. I love them as a friend but they’re so lazy and it makes me feel a bit sad that they can’t be bothered. I haven’t planned to see any other friends because I thought I’d be doing more stuff and feel like I’m floating around for a few days- I’m obviously capable of going out and doing my own thing which I have done but yeah. When I’ve gone to other friends they’re present 90% of the time unless they have uni work/ work to go to. So yeah- what would you do/ say? Thanks
Reply 1
Have you considered that maybe your friend is overwhelmed rather than antisocial and depressed rather than lazy. I’ve seen this pattern of behaviour before and it would be wiser to be kinder and more empathetic before coming to any judgements that may affect your friendship.
Reply 2
Original post by Aerial125
Have you considered that maybe your friend is overwhelmed rather than antisocial and depressed rather than lazy. I’ve seen this pattern of behaviour before and it would be wiser to be kinder and more empathetic before coming to any judgements that may affect your friendship.

Yeah I know, was having a moment of anger get ahold of me. Just had an argument before seeing the friend and probably taking it out on them. Thank you for helping me realise though.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I know, was having a moment of anger get ahold of me. Just had an argument before seeing the friend and probably taking it out on them. Thank you for helping me realise though.

You’re welcome ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending