The Student Room Group

want to do a different course at uni

Hi i've accepted my firm and insurance choices but I think I want to change my course to a different uni is there anyway I can do this both of my offers are conditional as well
Original post by pineapples745
Hi i've accepted my firm and insurance choices but I think I want to change my course to a different uni is there anyway I can do this both of my offers are conditional as well

Is the different university one of your original 5 choices? And did you have an offer from them for that course?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Is the different university one of your original 5 choices? And did you have an offer from them for that course?

no its university of Leeds which I did previously reject and the course is different I was accepted for history but now want to do classical civilisation there which I have previously done for A- level
(edited 10 months ago)
no its university of Leeds which I did previously reject and the course is different I was accepted for history but now want to do classical civilisation there which I have previously done for A- level

Ring them up and ask if they’ll switch your course if you make a reply swap with UCAS.

you have about 2 weeks to arrange a reply swap - which should be enough time. Ring Leeds first thing tomorrow. If they agree as them to confirm it in writing by email. Once you get the email ring UCAS.
Reply 4
I don't know if im able to because I responded to my offers quite a while ago in early may so its been more then 2 weeks is there still a way I'm perfectly fine with doing the course im doing currently I just feel like I would enjoy the course at Leeds slightly more?
(edited 10 months ago)
I don't know if im able to because I responded to my offers quite a while ago in early may so its been more then 2 weeks is there still a way I'm perfectly fine with doing the course im doing currently I just feel like I would enjoy the course at Leeds slightly more?

Reply swaps are possible until 21 July with the agreement of all universities involved (and I have never known of a university refusing - the only issues are with delays in universities notifying ucas of their agreement which is why you need to ring and get written assurances today).

ring leeds this morning. If they send you confirmation in writing that they will swap your offer to the new course then ring UCAS. Ucas will let you know if you need to ring any of your other universities.

leeds will only be able to amend your course on ucas when they’re your new firm which is why you need them to confirm in writing that they will change your offer to the new course.
Reply 6
update:i have emailed Leeds and gotten a confirmation they would be happy to take me for classical civilisation and phoned ucas straight after which was last Friday they told me that I needed permission from my current choices Sheffield and royal holloway called both of them who told me to email which I did on the same day and I am now waiting for a response from either uni.
(edited 9 months ago)
update:i have emailed Leeds and gotten a confirmation they would be happy to take me for classical civilisation and phoned ucas straight after which was last Friday they told me that I needed permission from my current choices Sheffield and royal holloway called both of them who told me to email which I did on the same day and I am now waiting for a response from either uni.

If you haven’t heard from them then it’s worth phoning today to check that your email has been received and passed to someone with the authority to give permission for the swap to UCAS.

Ask for the name and job title of anyone you speak to.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8
I has spoken to Sheffield who has told me that I should hear back from them by early next week which isn't the best considering I need everything sorted by Friday and i've called royal Holloway as well who have said that they will get it sorted for me later today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending