The Student Room Group

How do i prepare for sixth form

what are subject specific top tips and advice for year 12/sixth form
(coming from a year 11 student)
I have picked biology, pyschology and physical education
-Stay up to date with your work(daily)
-Make a timetable and make sure you go accordingly.
-Start slowly and then progress as time goes on. What I mean is don't from 0 to 100 immediately when it comes to studying.
- It's good to test yourself, even during term time, that way you get around the topic or subject more easily.
thanks very much, im aiming for high grades (i.e A/A*) is there any advice for studying, memorizing the mark schemes becase i heard especially sciences a level s the mark schemes are very specific and ppl can know all the content but get low grades because they didnt write a specifc key term or word. (Original post by Kotak_Jan911)-Stay up to date with your work(daily)
-Start slowly and then progress as time goes on. What I mean is don't from 0 to 100 immediately when it comes to studying.
- It's good to test yourself, even during term time, that way you get around the topic or subject more easily.
Original post by emmanuella16
thanks very much, im aiming for high grades (i.e A/A*) is there any advice for studying, memorizing the mark schemes becase i heard especially sciences a level s the mark schemes are very specific and ppl can know all the content but get low grades because they didnt write a specifc key term or word. (Original post by Kotak_Jan911)-Stay up to date with your work(daily)

For science, For long answer questions go through diagrams and when exam season is near memorise the scientific terms. I'm sure you'll get A-A* as long as you're up to date with your work. The biggest factor that plays a role in science is memorizing, but that should be done when your exams are around the corner. Lastly keep practicing questions
Reply 4
Original post by emmanuella16
what are subject specific top tips and advice for year 12/sixth form
(coming from a year 11 student)
I have picked biology, pyschology and physical education

make sure you use your frees properly if u have any, try and do questions/work throughout the year instead of cramming everything in your end of year exams, make notes/revision resources as you go along instead of doing it all last minute, have a good relationship with your teachers
Original post by mskr710
make sure you use your frees properly if u have any, try and do questions/work throughout the year instead of cramming everything in your end of year exams, make notes/revision resources as you go along instead of doing it all last minute, have a good relationship with your teachers

thanks
Original post by Kotak_Jan911
For science, For long answer questions go through diagrams and when exam season is near memorise the scientific terms. I'm sure you'll get A-A* as long as you're up to date with your work. The biggest factor that plays a role in science is memorizing, but that should be done when your exams are around the corner. Lastly keep practicing questions

will do:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest