The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

A closer look at Clayhill halls of residence!

Here are a few things to note if you are interested in living in student accommodation, in particular Clayhill halls of residence! :tongue:

One of the main reasons why I chose Clayhill was because of the ensuite toilets and great location! Although slightly further away from the Kingston town centre, Clayhill is just a short 15 mins walk away from Surbiton station and Penrhyn Road campus! Taking a direct train from Surbiton can easily get you into central London, Waterloo Station in 20 mins! :colondollar:

Clayhill also has a common room with a foosball table, table-tennis table and vending machines. The perfect place to chill and hangout with friends over a game of foosball or ping pong after class!

However, do note that the floors of the apartments at Clayhill are carpet (less the toilet and kitchen) so I recommend packing a pair of bedroom slippers when you move in! Also, the room doors at Clayhill are fire doors and auto-lock whenever they close! So always remember to leave your room with your keys whenever you step out! Depending on the configuration of the building, each room may vary slightly in size but Room 1 tends to always be the largest! The kitchen comes with a microwave, toaster and kettle and should also include two storage cupboards for you to store your cooking utensils and appliances!

Regardless of which student accommodation you choose, please remember to check the floor plans before deciding on which room, as different buildings have slightly different configurations so rooms may vary in size!

Are you considering staying at Clayhill halls of residence? Have any doubts? Feel free to drop down any questions below and I’ll try my best to answer them! :u:

Zhi En (BA Fashion)
Will I get informed when I'm charged for cleaning. And how much is it per person?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by Kingston Reps
Here are a few things to note if you are interested in living in student accommodation, in particular Clayhill halls of residence! :tongue:

One of the main reasons why I chose Clayhill was because of the ensuite toilets and great location! Although slightly further away from the Kingston town centre, Clayhill is just a short 15 mins walk away from Surbiton station and Penrhyn Road campus! Taking a direct train from Surbiton can easily get you into central London, Waterloo Station in 20 mins! :colondollar:

Clayhill also has a common room with a foosball table, table-tennis table and vending machines. The perfect place to chill and hangout with friends over a game of foosball or ping pong after class!

However, do note that the floors of the apartments at Clayhill are carpet (less the toilet and kitchen) so I recommend packing a pair of bedroom slippers when you move in! Also, the room doors at Clayhill are fire doors and auto-lock whenever they close! So always remember to leave your room with your keys whenever you step out! Depending on the configuration of the building, each room may vary slightly in size but Room 1 tends to always be the largest! The kitchen comes with a microwave, toaster and kettle and should also include two storage cupboards for you to store your cooking utensils and appliances!

Regardless of which student accommodation you choose, please remember to check the floor plans before deciding on which room, as different buildings have slightly different configurations so rooms may vary in size!

Are you considering staying at Clayhill halls of residence? Have any doubts? Feel free to drop down any questions below and I’ll try my best to answer them! :u:

Zhi En (BA Fashion)

Thanks - how noisy are the halls of residence - and how many in each flat? Did you live in them? and do they normally allow foundation course students? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Glorybe
Thanks - how noisy are the halls of residence - and how many in each flat? Did you live in them? and do they normally allow foundation course students? Thanks in advance.
Hi there @Glorybe, yes foundation students are allowed to live in Halls of Residence. For Clayhill, it is usually 4 people to a flat with an ensuite bathroom and shared kitchen 🙂
Clayhill is situated within a residential area so it is usually pretty quiet. That said I would say that noise level in halls itself is entirely dependent on your housemates!
I lived in both Clayhill and Seethingwells during my first year at Kingston, I hope this helps and do let me know if you have anymore questions about life in Kingston! 🙂

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #1
Will I get informed when I'm charged for cleaning. And how much is it per person?
Hiii @anonymous #1, I believe Halls Management will send you a letter or email regarding this. However they will not charge you unnecessarily and will give you ample time to clean the communal areas. I have yet to be charged before and the cleaner who checks each week will leave a note behind so you know what to tidy up 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending