The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

New Cayley Block Accommodation

So I’ve been researching the Loughborough accommodations and was considering applying for the newer Cayley blocks. I’ve looked at the website and student union information on it but none of it is very clear with the distinction between the two? From what I’ve gathered, New Cayley rooms are flats shared by up to 7 or 8 students and don’t have en-suites (but not sure if that’s the case for every room).

General questions: Do you apply for the individual blocks (and are the newer ones even available as a first-year), and how many people can you expect to share a bathroom with if you stay there? What are the rooms like in terms of storage/size?
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been researching the Loughborough accommodations and was considering applying for the newer Cayley blocks. I’ve looked at the website and student union information on it but none of it is very clear with the distinction between the two? From what I’ve gathered, New Cayley rooms are flats shared by up to 7 or 8 students and don’t have en-suites (but not sure if that’s the case for every room).

General questions: Do you apply for the individual blocks (and are the newer ones even available as a first-year), and how many people can you expect to share a bathroom with if you stay there? What are the rooms like in terms of storage/size?

Hi there,

It's great to hear from you :smile:

I would recommend sending your questions to our Accommodation Centre by emailing [email protected]. They should be able to help you!

If you have any other questions about life at Loughborough in the meantime, let us know!

- Lindsay
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

I'm currently in Cayley so I thought I might be able to clear some of this up for you. So new Cayley is divided into flats which have between 5-7 people in them. You have full kitchen facilities (oven, hobs, microwave, toaster etc.), 2 toilets and 2 showers shared between everyone in the flat and the rooms have a 4ft bed which is a small double (new Cayley is essentially Claudia Parsons but instead of the ensuite you just have a sink in your room).

'Old Cayley' is laid out differently. There are lots of different layouts of the blocks and it varies how many people you have on your floor / to a kitchen. In my block, there are 15 people on my floor (this is the largest block) and we share 3 showers and 4 toilets between us. We also only have a kitchenette which includes a toaster, microwave, hobs fridge, freezer etc. but not a proper oven just a combi oven. All the rooms in old Cayley have single beds and sinks in the room.There are also options in old Cayley to have an ensuite or a shared bathroom between two people.

Both old and new Cayley are catered 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) in the same dining hall with 3 meals a day meaning you have to cook for yourself at the weekend.

When you apply for Cayley, if you want new Cayley you need to select the option with the 4ft bed - anything else is old Cayley.

Hope this helped adn if you have any more questions feel free to get in touch :smile:

Jess
Reply 3
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi there,

I'm currently in Cayley so I thought I might be able to clear some of this up for you. So new Cayley is divided into flats which have between 5-7 people in them. You have full kitchen facilities (oven, hobs, microwave, toaster etc.), 2 toilets and 2 showers shared between everyone in the flat and the rooms have a 4ft bed which is a small double (new Cayley is essentially Claudia Parsons but instead of the ensuite you just have a sink in your room).

'Old Cayley' is laid out differently. There are lots of different layouts of the blocks and it varies how many people you have on your floor / to a kitchen. In my block, there are 15 people on my floor (this is the largest block) and we share 3 showers and 4 toilets between us. We also only have a kitchenette which includes a toaster, microwave, hobs fridge, freezer etc. but not a proper oven just a combi oven. All the rooms in old Cayley have single beds and sinks in the room.There are also options in old Cayley to have an ensuite or a shared bathroom between two people.

Both old and new Cayley are catered 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) in the same dining hall with 3 meals a day meaning you have to cook for yourself at the weekend.

When you apply for Cayley, if you want new Cayley you need to select the option with the 4ft bed - anything else is old Cayley.

Hope this helped adn if you have any more questions feel free to get in touch :smile:

Jess

This is so helpful, thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending