The Student Room Group

Would googling something make police come to your house?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Admit-One
I think they may just be differentiating between self harm and a more serious attempt.

What's closely linked to self harm?
Reply 21
Original post by StriderHort
Not going to call you a liar, but I find it hard to believe the police would attend a home address at 4am unless they felt someone was in immediate danger or they had been directly summoned

It was something directly linked to self harm and it keeps getting deleted so I won't bother typing it again. The police did think I was in immediate danger to myself though from that post. I was having thoughts.
Original post by Anonymous
I already typed it on here and for some reason it got deleted. What's linked to self harm?

Presumably whatever you typed here before it got removed.

The thing you posted on FB about.
Reply 23
Someone saw the post and rang them.
Reply 24
Original post by Admit-One
Presumably whatever you typed here before it got removed.

The thing you posted on FB about.

Yes. I think the fact that I was having...thoughts gives you a clear idea of what the post was about.
Yes. I think the fact that I was having...thoughts gives you a clear idea of what the post was about.

Yes, I inferred what it was about.

Original post by gjd800
Someone saw the post and rang them.

Exactly, a concerned acquaintance saw something of concern. Not sure the police boffins have time be screening FB :smile:
It was something directly linked to self harm and it keeps getting deleted so I won't bother typing it again. The police did think I was in immediate danger to myself though from that post. I was having thoughts.

That's fair. I suppose I just considered self harm to mean everything related if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending