The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene to cosmetic dentist

My predicted grades are AAA but i need A*AA for my dentistry course. If i do a degree in dental hygiene can i then move onto doing a course in cosmetics or do i need to do a degree in dentistry to be able to do this.
Hi, may I ask which University you require these grades for? Having AAA predicted is very amazing and there are other Universities you can attend which will allow you to study Dentistry.
Original post by unknown_1219
Hi, may I ask which University you require these grades for? Having AAA predicted is very amazing and there are other Universities you can attend which will allow you to study Dentistry.

Thank you :smile: Im aiming for KCL and Queen Mary because i want too stay in London. Manchester requires AAA but again, i want to stay in London. The requirments for dental hygiene are slightly lower thats why i was wondering if i could start off there and then move onto cosmetic dentistry.
Original post by laazzzydinosaur
Thank you :smile: Im aiming for KCL and Queen Mary because i want too stay in London. Manchester requires AAA but again, i want to stay in London. The requirments for dental hygiene are slightly lower thats why i was wondering if i could start off there and then move onto cosmetic dentistry.

First off, well done to you for having a clear career pathway for the future. Second off, if I was you I would try to apply for Dentistry at Universities which require AAA. Also, if you are of widening participation there are several access programs you can apply for and be offered lower grades. Overall, I appreciate you may want to stay in London however if having a successful future in the Dental Industry means moving out of London then do consider the options.
Original post by unknown_1219
First off, well done to you for having a clear career pathway for the future. Second off, if I was you I would try to apply for Dentistry at Universities which require AAA. Also, if you are of widening participation there are several access programs you can apply for and be offered lower grades. Overall, I appreciate you may want to stay in London however if having a successful future in the Dental Industry means moving out of London then do consider the options.

Yup im pretty set on being a dentist :smile: Its just my parents really want me to stay in London (me aswell to a certain extent) and there's only 2 unis that do dentistry both with high requirements. Im thinking about a foundation year but im not sure if thats the best option. Definitely going to apply outside of London though just in case . Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest