The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't need to stay alive and suffer just so I can "go to heaven" it's not even guaranteed that the people that wait for God to take them go to heaven.
Nothing is guaranteed after death, just try to do what makes you feel happy and fulfilled in this life - you deserve love and joy whilst you're here
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone ever felt like this? Like I don't care about heaven anymore, I don't need to go to heaven because I don't deserve heaven. Does this mean I have a mental problem? What advice would you give to these people?

I would advise you to deeply reconsider this. Is it that you prefer this lowly life filled with misery, death and loss over the excellent, everlasting destination for the believers? Of course there is good in this life but never will we be fully satisfied with it and never will it be free from loss and misery. Compare this to Paradise in which Allaah described in depth in the Qur'ān, from the descriptions are:
"No darkness will cover their faces, nor humiliation. Those are companions of Paradise; they will abide therein eternally." [Yūnus 10:26]

Indeed, the righteous will be within gardens and springs, [Having been told], "Enter it in peace, safe [and secure]." And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other. No fatigue will touch them therein, nor from it will they [ever] be removed [al-Hijr 15:45-48]

"And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes [i.e., satisfaction] as reward for what they used to do." [as-Sajdah 32:17

If it is the case that you desire the glamour of this life then Allaah has addressed this when he said (meaning):
"Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allāh has with Him the best return [i.e., Paradise]. Say, "Shall I inform you of [something] better than that? For those who fear Allāh will be gardens in the presence of their Lord beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and purified spouses and approval from Allāh. And Allāh is Seeing [i.e., aware] of [His] servants - who pray, “Our Lord! We have believed, so forgive our sins and protect us from the torment of the Fire. [Aali 'Imraan 3:14-16]

Now that we know this, who is it that enters such an amazing place? It doesn't make sense for us to merely say, 'Those who do good will enter Paradise'. Who decides what is good and what is bad? This is why we refer to the Creator of Paradise and Hell and the One who judges who goes in which; He hasn't left us without guidance. Allaah's Messenger, Muhammad ﷺ, said (meaning): "No one will enter Paradise except a believer. [Saheeh Muslim 111, Saheeh al-Bukhaari 4203] and he said "Whoever dies not associating anything with Allah will enter Paradise, and whoever dies associating anything with Allah will enter Hell." [Saheeh Muslim 135]. This means that anyone who is a believer who worships Allaah alone without partners (i.e. a Muslim) will enter Paradise at some point, whether they enter immediately or after being punished in the Hellfire. We must aim to be from the first group, and to do this we must strive to pair this monotheism with righteous deeds and avoiding sins.

If you don't want to enter Paradise, then the only other destination is the Hellfire. Allaah describes its horrors in detail in the Qur'ān, from them are:
"And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups until, when they reach it, its gates are opened and its keepers will say, "Did there not come to you messengers from yourselves, reciting to you the verses of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say, "Yes, but the word [i.e., decree] of punishment has come into effect upon the disbelievers." [To them] it will be said, "Enter the gates of Hell to abide eternally therein, and wretched is the residence of the arrogant."" [az-Zumar 39:71-72]

"But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire. Poured upon their heads will be scalding water - by which is melted that within their bellies and [their] skins. And for them are hooked rods of iron (to punish them). Every time they want to get out of it [i.e., Hellfire] from anguish, they will be returned to it, and [it will be said], "Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire!"" [al-Hajj 22:19-22]

"Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place." [al-Kahf 18:29]

"...like those who abide eternally in the Fire and are given to drink scalding water that will sever their intestines?" [Muhammad 47:15]

You say that you don't want to 'stay alive and suffer' just to get into Paradise. Then, is it the case that you want the terrifying punishment instead? I feel as though you have a misconception about following the laws of Allaah. Maybe it is because you have been brought up in another religion but when you learn about the religion deeply, follow the commandments of Allaah and stay away from His prohibitions you will truly feel a sense of peace in your heart. The Messenger of Allaah said (meaning): "Wondrous is the affair of the believer for there is good for him in every matter and this is not the case with anyone except the believer. If he is happy, then he thanks Allah and thus there is good for him, and if he is harmed, then he shows patience and thus there is good for him." [Saheeh Muslim 2999].

You may be tested so that you may find yourself vulnerable and reliant in order that you turn back to your Creator. The Messenger of Allaah said (meaning): "If Allah intends good for someone, then He afflicts him with trials." [Saheeh al-Bukhaari 5321]. On the other hand, Allaah indicates that "Verily, Allah gives favour to the people but most of the people are not grateful." [Ghāfir 40:60] and "They eat of His fruit and their hands have not produced it, so will they not be grateful?" [Yā Sīn 36:35]. These favours are against them as they turned away from Allaah and were ungrateful, so living a life of ease and luxury is not necessary a blessing. Use these times of hardship as a way to turn back to Allaah and He will certainly reward you for that.

To conclude, I invite you to accept Islaam by testifying that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is His Messenger. I advise you to read a translation of the meaning of the Qur'ān and in it you will certainly find everything that you are in need of. This is the only religion accepted by Allaah and I hope that you will be from those who enter Paradise in serenity.
Reply 4
Its what you do now that counts. No-one is completely sin free, but as long as you try your best to be kind, nice, helpful, as well as living life as best as you can.

You dont have a mental health problem, maybe a guilt problem? perhaps you did something that made you feel like you sinned in some way. Also please talk to someone. problem shared is a problem halved as they say.
Original post by I7V
I would advise you to deeply reconsider this. Is it that you prefer this lowly life filled with misery, death and loss over the excellent, everlasting destination for the believers? Of course there is good in this life but never will we be fully satisfied with it and never will it be free from loss and misery. Compare this to Paradise in which Allaah described in depth in the Qur'ān, from the descriptions are:
"No darkness will cover their faces, nor humiliation. Those are companions of Paradise; they will abide therein eternally." [Yūnus 10:26]

Indeed, the righteous will be within gardens and springs, [Having been told], "Enter it in peace, safe [and secure]." And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other. No fatigue will touch them therein, nor from it will they [ever] be removed [al-Hijr 15:45-48]

"And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes [i.e., satisfaction] as reward for what they used to do." [as-Sajdah 32:17

If it is the case that you desire the glamour of this life then Allaah has addressed this when he said (meaning):
"Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allāh has with Him the best return [i.e., Paradise]. Say, "Shall I inform you of [something] better than that? For those who fear Allāh will be gardens in the presence of their Lord beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and purified spouses and approval from Allāh. And Allāh is Seeing [i.e., aware] of [His] servants - who pray, “Our Lord! We have believed, so forgive our sins and protect us from the torment of the Fire. [Aali 'Imraan 3:14-16]

Now that we know this, who is it that enters such an amazing place? It doesn't make sense for us to merely say, 'Those who do good will enter Paradise'. Who decides what is good and what is bad? This is why we refer to the Creator of Paradise and Hell and the One who judges who goes in which; He hasn't left us without guidance. Allaah's Messenger, Muhammad ﷺ, said (meaning): "No one will enter Paradise except a believer. [Saheeh Muslim 111, Saheeh al-Bukhaari 4203] and he said "Whoever dies not associating anything with Allah will enter Paradise, and whoever dies associating anything with Allah will enter Hell." [Saheeh Muslim 135]. This means that anyone who is a believer who worships Allaah alone without partners (i.e. a Muslim) will enter Paradise at some point, whether they enter immediately or after being punished in the Hellfire. We must aim to be from the first group, and to do this we must strive to pair this monotheism with righteous deeds and avoiding sins.

If you don't want to enter Paradise, then the only other destination is the Hellfire. Allaah describes its horrors in detail in the Qur'ān, from them are:
"And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups until, when they reach it, its gates are opened and its keepers will say, "Did there not come to you messengers from yourselves, reciting to you the verses of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say, "Yes, but the word [i.e., decree] of punishment has come into effect upon the disbelievers." [To them] it will be said, "Enter the gates of Hell to abide eternally therein, and wretched is the residence of the arrogant."" [az-Zumar 39:71-72]

"But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire. Poured upon their heads will be scalding water - by which is melted that within their bellies and [their] skins. And for them are hooked rods of iron (to punish them). Every time they want to get out of it [i.e., Hellfire] from anguish, they will be returned to it, and [it will be said], "Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire!"" [al-Hajj 22:19-22]

"Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place." [al-Kahf 18:29]

"...like those who abide eternally in the Fire and are given to drink scalding water that will sever their intestines?" [Muhammad 47:15]

You say that you don't want to 'stay alive and suffer' just to get into Paradise. Then, is it the case that you want the terrifying punishment instead? I feel as though you have a misconception about following the laws of Allaah. Maybe it is because you have been brought up in another religion but when you learn about the religion deeply, follow the commandments of Allaah and stay away from His prohibitions you will truly feel a sense of peace in your heart. The Messenger of Allaah said (meaning): "Wondrous is the affair of the believer for there is good for him in every matter and this is not the case with anyone except the believer. If he is happy, then he thanks Allah and thus there is good for him, and if he is harmed, then he shows patience and thus there is good for him." [Saheeh Muslim 2999].

You may be tested so that you may find yourself vulnerable and reliant in order that you turn back to your Creator. The Messenger of Allaah said (meaning): "If Allah intends good for someone, then He afflicts him with trials." [Saheeh al-Bukhaari 5321]. On the other hand, Allaah indicates that "Verily, Allah gives favour to the people but most of the people are not grateful." [Ghāfir 40:60] and "They eat of His fruit and their hands have not produced it, so will they not be grateful?" [Yā Sīn 36:35]. These favours are against them as they turned away from Allaah and were ungrateful, so living a life of ease and luxury is not necessary a blessing. Use these times of hardship as a way to turn back to Allaah and He will certainly reward you for that.

To conclude, I invite you to accept Islaam by testifying that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is His Messenger. I advise you to read a translation of the meaning of the Qur'ān and in it you will certainly find everything that you are in need of. This is the only religion accepted by Allaah and I hope that you will be from those who enter Paradise in serenity.

I am already born Muslim.
Reply 6
Original post by Anony345533

don’t know if your the person who posted but a Muslim is someone who submits to the will of Allah. How is ur connection with Allah.
Reply 7
Original post by Anony345533

Allaah said (meaning): "It is only those who have knowledge among His servants that fear Allah" [al-Faatir 35:28]
Ibn Katheer explained this aayah in his tafseer: "meaning, only those who have knowledge truly fear Him as He should be feared, because the more they know about the Almighty, All-Powerful, All-Knowing Who has the most perfect attributes and is described with the most beautiful Names, the more they will fear Him."

Therefore, I really urge you to learn about Tawheed and 'Aqeedah under trustworthy teachers so that you can have knowledge about Allaah in order to fear Him. If you need any help feel free to message me.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 8
I would advise you to be more easy on yourself. We all make mistakes in life. But if your creator can forgive you then who are you not to forgive yourself? Why are you so hard on yourself? Just let it go. What's done is done. Learn from it and move forward. Stop hating yourself. Start loving yourself more for who you are. You are worthy and you do deserve goodness in this world and the next.

We just have to work hard for it and keep striving. But our sworn enemy wants exactly how you are feeling. To give up and throw in the white towel. Why give up when our soul is still in our bodies? We still have time as long as we are breathing. Those of us who despair from the mercy of Allah then Allah is ordering us that we must NOT ever despair of his mercy as he loves to forgive and he only created us so flawed so that we may ask of him sincerely for forgiveness.

So never stop repenting and never stop trying. What's the worst that can happen? The Prophet ordered us to ask for the best heaven. Not the lowest, nor the middle but the highest and best.

So we must work on our confidence, self esteem and if we need help with past traumas then we should get the help. At the same time turn to Allah and make him our best friend that we can share everything with. All of our feelings, thoughts, worries and anxieties. There is no middle man between us and him. Just a direct connection.

So we must stop allowing our enemy to make us become disillusioned and to give up. He only wants us to lose hope whereas Allah wants us to put our hopes, trust, faith and reliance in him. For Allah is sufficient for us!
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone ever felt like this? Like I don't care about heaven anymore, I don't need to go to heaven because I don't deserve heaven. Does this mean I have a mental problem? What advice would you give to these people?

Thinking you don't deserve to go to heaven means you are probably more worthy of it than those who are sure they are going.
as a christian the point is we all dont deserve heaven, we all sin and are sinners. we are evil to the core. we lie, blaspheme, lust why do we deserve to go to heaven. thats the beauty of Gods grace, and what Jesus did. we dont deserve it yes but God wants us there and made a way for us to be there.
we all dont deserve it. I dont thats for sure.
Just go to hell then. Or purgatory. Or limbo. Or Valhalla. Or the underworld. Or reincarnate. As you can see there is loads to choose from.
Original post by intheimageofGOD
as a christian the point is we all dont deserve heaven, we all sin and are sinners. we are evil to the core. we lie, blaspheme, lust why do we deserve to go to heaven. thats the beauty of Gods grace, and what Jesus did. we dont deserve it yes but God wants us there and made a way for us to be there.
we all dont deserve it. I dont thats for sure.

Amazing response. The only valid response.
Reply 13
Original post by JVorJrose
Amazing response. The only valid response.

That ain’t a valid response. Don’t tell me that u believe the moment someone is born that they are evil to the core
Yes it is, a valid response, and I know the truth hurts but it's real. Take a look at the world today, there is genuine evil in this world, what is happening today is truly the work of the devil, from the performance at the grammy awards, to the commonwealth games opening ceremony, in music, in the media, and in general. And if you want to argue, whether the devil exists or not, and if you don't think sin is in everyone, your not taking a very close look at the world. By extension God must be real. No one said that when someone is born they are evil to the core. We have free will to do whatever we want, and because of human nature the flesh willingly wants to sin. Sin is disobeying God. Ever told a lie? You're a liar. You're a sinner. Our hearts are wicked, and that needs to be compensated. How can it be tho? By the blood of Jesus the Son of God; He took on the wrath of God. I suggest you read the Bible, then look up the Shroud of Turin. The greatest miracle has already occurred, that being the Creation. The Bible said in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth; 200 years ago scientists believed the universe had always existed; 60 years ago they found out it had a beginning. Since the beginning, which may well have been over billions of years ago, there was angelic rebellion against God, which led to Lucifer and a third of the angels being cast out of heaven (Isaiah 14:12-14). He fell to the earth (Luke 10:18), and brought sin into it through him. When Eve ate the apple and shared some of it with Adam, they disobeyed God, and this is sin. Through them, we are all sinners. I mean you can try (well not anymore because you have already from birth), but if you ever have a child try raise them so they don't sin; stealing, lying, fighting, whatever. Problem is, you can't, they will. If there's something I can predict, it would, be that. But thankfully, Jesus, who is God and proved He was God and took on the full human limitations by taking on the flesh, provides not a way but the way for us to receive mercy, that we don't deserve –when He, took on the wrath of God, upon the Cross, 2000 years ago. If you want to freely receive that gift of salvation, just confess your sin to Him, and He will save you.
Yes it is, a valid response, and I know the truth hurts but it's real. Take a look at the world today, there is genuine evil in this world, what is happening today is truly the work of the devil, from the performance at the grammy awards, to the commonwealth games opening ceremony, in music, in the media, and in general. And if you want to argue, whether the devil exists or not, and if you don't think sin is in everyone, your not taking a very close look at the world. By extension God must be real. No one said that when someone is born they are evil to the core. We have free will to do whatever we want, and because of human nature the flesh willingly wants to sin. Sin is disobeying God. Ever told a lie? You're a liar. You're a sinner. Our hearts are wicked, and that needs to be compensated. How can it be tho? By the blood of Jesus the Son of God; He took on the wrath of God. I suggest you read the Bible, then look up the Shroud of Turin. The greatest miracle has already occurred, that being the Creation. The Bible said in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth; 200 years ago scientists believed the universe had always existed; 60 years ago they found out it had a beginning. Since the beginning, which may well have been over billions of years ago, there was angelic rebellion against God, which led to Lucifer and a third of the angels being cast out of heaven (Isaiah 14:12-14). He fell to the earth (Luke 10:18), and brought sin into it through him. When Eve ate the apple and shared some of it with Adam, they disobeyed God, and this is sin. Through them, we are all sinners. I mean you can try (well not anymore because you have already from birth), but if you ever have a child try raise them so they don't sin; stealing, lying, fighting, whatever. Problem is, you can't, they will. If there's something I can predict, it would, be that. But thankfully, Jesus, who is God and proved He was God and took on the full human limitations by taking on the flesh, provides not a way but the way for us to receive mercy, that we don't deserve –when He, took on the wrath of God, upon the Cross, 2000 years ago. If you want to freely receive that gift of salvation, just confess your sin to Him, and He will save you.

lol. Not even religious people belive this nonsense.

This is all rubbish and bullcrap btw, just letting you know. Humans aren't inherently evil and there's no such thing as sin so Jesus didn't die for that sh!t.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
This is all rubbish and bullcrap btw, just letting you know. Humans aren't inherently evil and there's no such thing as sin so Jesus didn't die for that sh!t.

why u so mad for lmao relax
Original post by intheimageofGOD
why u so mad for lmao relax

You’re projecting brudda. I’m relaxing on a comfy seat right now. May I recommend you take a chill pill followed by a tictac. Thank you.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
You’re projecting brudda. I’m relaxing on a comfy seat right now. May I recommend you take a chill pill followed by a tictac. Thank you.

lmao ok your the one who feels the need to talk and comment on someones beliefs lol, your not relaxing hahaha anytime u see a comment with anything to do with religion you feel the need to input your opinions and call it 'rubbish and bullcrap'. your actually hilarous. you remind me of myself in the past its pretty unnerving lmao. also i am craving a tictac to be fair might get one.
and im curious what do you believe in.

Latest

Trending

Trending